There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon

Why bother going to the office?

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will certainly be exposed to a lot of Oracle and unix script development. Good place to brush up on your skill set.

Cons

So called teams are just people supporting the same customer but doing very different things. No sharing of knowledge between developers on different teams. I felt like I was on my own most of time. Most contacts were "working from home". Whole days were spent without actually talking to a co-worker face to face. Health insurance is expensive and not very good.

Create knowledge sharing teams, especially among IT staff. There must be a lot of re-inventing of the wheel. Very inefficient. A lot of wasted effort right now.

291 Other Employee Reviews for Epsilon (View Most Recent)

Culturally diverse workplace with good employees, managements is somewhat disengaged.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have office parties for events including cultural holidays for all the people from other countries who work here.

The workplace is very diverse with many, many associates from overseas and from different cultures.

People are allowed to work from home a lot. Very few people are even in the office on Fridays. Very nice and quiet.

Our SVP in Blue Ash is very laid back and relaxed. Not often in the office much at all and when he is, he is always nice.

Cons

My direct manager is absent from work way too much. He calls in absent all the time for seemingly trivial reasons. In my opinion it sets a very bad example for his employees. Also people on other teams are very aware of his constant absences and it reflects badly on our team. I don't see how he could possibly not have used up all of his benefit time, but I guess it is ok with his manager.

Other teams are ok, but the DBA team is treated like step-children by the rest of the groups and are often blamed for everything. The manager does not stick up for the DBAs and conveys his frustration and bad attitude to too openly, I think. A good manager is needed who is happy with his/her job and who will represent the team well and improve the standing with the other groups in Blue Ash and throughout the organization.

Good job on allowing so much work from home time, but need to find the right balance with managers, who I think should be more engaged and be at work more. If working from home, managers should always be engaged and reachable.

Great Company

Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Interactive Developer in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It all depends who is your direct manager. In my case I do have an amazing manager. So 1- great work life balance 2- Flexible work hours, this goes both ways. i.e. sometimes you have to work extra hours and the weekends but that is only few times a year, any other time you would get to set your own hours as long as you deliver the results 3- The management tries hard to be transparent and include you in company growth. you would get one or two discretionary bonuses a year if company is profitable. 4- The starting salaries are OK and for some satisfactory 5- Depending which team you are at you will either be working with bleeding edge technologies or the super old technologies 6-For some you can get promotions very fast, but some get stuck and cant get higher 7- The good thing is if you dont like your team (or your manager) you can switch them in a few months, so eventually you can find your match

Cons

As I said it all can depend on your direct manager. Some of the negative points: 1- The raise rate is low 2- Some times you have to work extra hours and over the weekend. 3- Sometimes it can be difficult to get a promotion. HR is a mess and even if your manager is willing to promote you HR will take its time for ever 4- Sometimes you might feel you are stuck in a place lower than what you deserve. But I assume these are all common in many of the companies so I dont think they are really Epsilon's Cons; but you just need to be aware they also exist in here too.

1- Please make sure people whom are hard working and talented are being used in a better roles 2- Epsilon thinks its an advertising company while in reality it is a software company. Value your employees especially your developers. We developers always feel we are way undervalued in Epsilon 3- Give more attention to locations other than headquarters. You have many locations but most of the communications media that you publish is focused on the Dallas.

There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon