Epsilon

www.epsilon.com

Why bother going to the office?

Former Employee - Senior Developer  in  Wakefield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA

Pros

You will certainly be exposed to a lot of Oracle and unix script development. Good place to brush up on your skill set.

Cons

So called teams are just people supporting the same customer but doing very different things. No sharing of knowledge between developers on different teams. I felt like I was on my own most of time. Most contacts were "working from home". Whole days were spent without actually talking to a co-worker face to face. Health insurance is expensive and not very good.

Create knowledge sharing teams, especially among IT staff. There must be a lot of re-inventing of the wheel. Very inefficient. A lot of wasted effort right now.

Other reviews for Epsilon

Boring and antiquated

Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing Technology  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing Technology in Boston, MA

Pros

Work - life balance and stability

Cons

Antiquated technolgy, process, and ideas.

Need some change and it needs to start at the top. Culture does not foster care for associates - we are just numbers

Culturally diverse workplace with good employees, managements is somewhat disengaged.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Blue Ash, OH

Pros

We have office parties for events including cultural holidays for all the people from other countries who work here.

The workplace is very diverse with many, many associates from overseas and from different cultures.

People are allowed to work from home a lot. Very few people are even in the office on Fridays. Very nice and quiet.

Our SVP in Blue Ash is very laid back and relaxed. Not often in the office much at all and when he is, he is always nice.

Cons

My direct manager is absent from work way too much. He calls in absent all the time for seemingly trivial reasons. In my opinion it sets a very bad example for his employees. Also people on other teams are very aware of his constant absences and it reflects badly on our team. I don't see how he could possibly not have used up all of his benefit time, but I guess it is ok with his manager.

Other teams are ok, but the DBA team is treated like step-children by the rest of the groups and are often blamed for everything. The manager does not stick up for the DBAs and conveys his frustration and bad attitude to too openly, I think. A good manager is needed who is happy with his/her job and who will represent the team well and improve the standing with the other groups in Blue Ash and throughout the organization.

Good job on allowing so much work from home time, but need to find the right balance with managers, who I think should be more engaged and be at work more. If working from home, managers should always be engaged and reachable.

There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!