There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Learned about credit. Not sure why I stayed as long as I did, but not a bad job overall

Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was pretty decent for the job, job was relatively easy, and metrics were not hard to meet as long as you are not lazy

Cons

LEAN = zero job security. If you believe in what you are doing, show some sack to the board. There are considerations that have a timeline beyond the end of the current quarter. This isn't the 80's, and you are not Jack Welch.

Advice to Management

I believe you will live to regret outsourcing consumer credit disputes central division if that is in fact what happened after the buyout. Non-native English speakers in different financial system = misunderstandings, badly-written consumer statements = lawsuits. Saw it myself on very (understandably) angry people's reports before my job was presumably shipped to Kolkata.

reviews filtered by
  1. Summer Intern

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Light workload, friendly people, reasonable hours

Cons

Poor pay, limited learning potential, few exit opportunities

Advice to Management

Nature of the business I suppose...did not have much exposure to management as an intern

2. Unemployment Insurance Consultant

Former Employee - UIC in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - UIC in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice Benefits-but expensive, flexible hours, central location, most people are nice-but clickish.

Cons

Very low pay. Uneven work load, standards, attendance and policy enforcement. If you're a favorite, you get away with murder, if not, you're baggered. Most employee's are over worked while other employee's sit around watching the over worked. Supervisor's have a 'cover their butt' attitude, do not interact with the people they supervise. Most Supervisor's are over worked and have little time to guide and counsel.

Advice to Management

Audit your Supervisor's for even policy enforcement and work load. Try and recognize the employee's that are over worked and reward the efforts.