Equifax

www.equifax.com
  www.equifax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Learned about credit. Not sure why I stayed as long as I did, but not a bad job overall

Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Credit Industry Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was pretty decent for the job, job was relatively easy, and metrics were not hard to meet as long as you are not lazy

Cons

LEAN = zero job security. If you believe in what you are doing, show some sack to the board. There are considerations that have a timeline beyond the end of the current quarter. This isn't the 80's, and you are not Jack Welch.

I believe you will live to regret outsourcing consumer credit disputes central division if that is in fact what happened after the buyout. Non-native English speakers in different financial system = misunderstandings, badly-written consumer statements = lawsuits. Saw it myself on very (understandably) angry people's reports before my job was presumably shipped to Kolkata.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Equifax (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable, well compensated, career oppportunities abound

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Equifax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people
    The Pay
    Work/ Life Balance

Cons

None to my knowledge currently

Strong Global Growth but Forgot People Make the Difference - Not just C-Suite!

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in their markets - data solutions
    Strong global growth strategies
    Making significant improvement in execution of strategic growth initiatives

Cons

Use of "one team" and "meritocracy" are sound bytes that sound good, but c-suite doesn't execute what they say. Rolled-out "connections" global broad banding compensation plans that resulted in significant reductions in incentive compensation. C-suite awards themselves with high performance marks, large raises, significant stock grants & options (50% of total 2012 went to c-suite) whereas everyone else must fit into bell curve and most receive 2-3% merit increases.

Eliminate buzz words and begin treating and rewarding employees as if they were your #1 assets.

There are newer employer reviews for Equifax