There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Not the improvement we hoped for when Chapman left!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Fellow employees are great (for the most part)
Very interesting industry to work in
real desire to be an innovative company

Cons

Lack of senior leader understanding on how essentially fully outsourcing IT will impact long term ability to innovate and grow revenue.
Tolerance for missed commitments is far worse now than with previous leadership
Senior leaders allow themselves a level of extravagance that is laughable when you see the extent of the cost cutting that has gone on elsewhere. Total disconnection to the environment that the Equifax world off the exec floor are forced to work in.

Hold your leaders accountable - for the good and the bad. M&A Strategy and talent need an overhaul.

209 Other Employee Reviews for Equifax (View Most Recent)

Use to be reat, now not so much

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Pension Plan was in place when I was there - great
    Benefits were very good
    Independent work environment - outside sales
    Encouraged Family time
    Training was excellent

Cons

Upper Management - Ivory Tower Syndrome
    Ostrich with a head in the sand approach to a lot of problems
    Drink the koolaid mentality of IT - nothing can be wrong - it makes me laugh when I see the IT awards they get undeservedly and makes me wonder if the employees of the IT mags in Atl that are always ranking them so high are in bed with Equifax - or just want a job there.
    Legal and any department for that matter will kill a project if they don't like an employee that is working on it - see it done - heard em laugh about it.
    Internal support employees are always walking around or not at their desk - makes it impossible to get anything done
    Will run a sweat shop if they think they can get away with it.
    Blatant disregard of the consumers whose information they "steward". They aren't concerned about errors in their data base they just want business from the commecial sector.

Stop drinking the Koolaide the employees are giving you - Really - any given day, Please call random phone extensions during the day of your corporate and tech center for internal sales/service support and see how many people actually answer their phones or are at their desk -It will be eye opening!

OK Place, but needs help in developing people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

If you are very good, you will stand out. But, little room for advancement, salaries are competitive. You can easily stay long at this company if you want to coast by.

Cons

Management does not allow you to do your job. Very micro-managed. Technology team is not top rate for a technology company.

Act on your words to develop your people. Keep pay good, but get rid of those who don't add value, make managers make tough decisions

There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!