Equifax

www.equifax.com
  www.equifax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Very volatile place for IT employees. Business side is pretty stable.

Current Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

It all depends on your manager, but as a company they do endorse work/life balance (teleworking, flex hours, generous vacation time). The have a huge profit margin, so the salaries are above average, and there's been many years with bonuses (not guaranteed however). Benefits are good, although medical is very expensive.

Cons

Too many to count. IT staff is in contant agony, constantly being laid off and under constant threat to be replaced by offshore. Huge strategic move to outsource almost everything in IT. The technology center where I work is 90% Indian contractors. They are heavy users of offshore companies like Infosys, Tata Consulting and GenPact. It's a hopeless situation for resident IT employees. There is no career path and zero training budget. I have never seen anyone actually promoted. When you change titles it's usually because your salary has gone over the high end of the salary grade and you are forced to move into the next level. No job change, just a slightly different title. IT is very silo'd, and most groups do not work well together because of power struggles and the feeling they need to protect themselves and prove their value or they'll end up laid off or replaced by offshore. All of this has created a very stressful environment. As soon as the economy improves, I believe there will be many leaving (so they say). Rick Smith is a good CEO, but the people he puts in charge of IT are not technology leaders, they are business people who just want a cheap technology unit regardless of the quality or morale of the employees.

Technology people are not commodities, they are what have made Equifax tick for 100+ years. Improve morale and show some loyalty or you will end up with 100% Indian contractor staff. For a company that is so risk averse, do you really want to be in that position? Also, try promoting some IT people every once in a while.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Equifax (View Most Recent)

Not the improvement we hoped for when Chapman left!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Fellow employees are great (for the most part)
    Very interesting industry to work in
    real desire to be an innovative company

Cons

Lack of senior leader understanding on how essentially fully outsourcing IT will impact long term ability to innovate and grow revenue.
    Tolerance for missed commitments is far worse now than with previous leadership
    Senior leaders allow themselves a level of extravagance that is laughable when you see the extent of the cost cutting that has gone on elsewhere. Total disconnection to the environment that the Equifax world off the exec floor are forced to work in.

Hold your leaders accountable - for the good and the bad. M&A Strategy and talent need an overhaul.

Use to be reat, now not so much

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Pension Plan was in place when I was there - great
    Benefits were very good
    Independent work environment - outside sales
    Encouraged Family time
    Training was excellent

Cons

Upper Management - Ivory Tower Syndrome
    Ostrich with a head in the sand approach to a lot of problems
    Drink the koolaid mentality of IT - nothing can be wrong - it makes me laugh when I see the IT awards they get undeservedly and makes me wonder if the employees of the IT mags in Atl that are always ranking them so high are in bed with Equifax - or just want a job there.
    Legal and any department for that matter will kill a project if they don't like an employee that is working on it - see it done - heard em laugh about it.
    Internal support employees are always walking around or not at their desk - makes it impossible to get anything done
    Will run a sweat shop if they think they can get away with it.
    Blatant disregard of the consumers whose information they "steward". They aren't concerned about errors in their data base they just want business from the commecial sector.

Stop drinking the Koolaide the employees are giving you - Really - any given day, Please call random phone extensions during the day of your corporate and tech center for internal sales/service support and see how many people actually answer their phones or are at their desk -It will be eye opening!

There are newer employer reviews for Equifax