Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Running far ... far away.

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat place for an internship to put on my resume and helps open up doors to another position.

The renovations are nice. Its a good thing they are *finally* doing something nice for the employees ... I guess they figured that they won't be able to attract ANY talent in the barren cubicle wasteland which they had beforehand.

ConsControlling management which does not trust its employees. Complete lack of communication between EVERYONE. This place has a HUGE collaboration problem, both on a social level and a technical level. "Meritocracy" is another name for kissing butt and falling in line with your manager. EVERYTHING is a 'standard process', and if it isn't then it is turned into one. COMPLETE lack of innovation ... and its 100% management's fault. Ironically, they are looking at ways to "streamline innovation". I think that this is possible, just not at this company.

There is a huge "us versus them" culture here. Most employees seem too afraid to propose new ideas or lead any real change in fear of losing their job. 95% of the employees are married, have kids, and truly only want a job which provides stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows what they have to do ... they have to change the culture. They've allowed so many teams to build huge fortresses in their technology to prevent them being removed, and these very people who are resistant to innovation, growth and change are absoluteness killing the company. How should they go about fixing the company? I'm not sure ... but it truly is in their best interest to figure it out.

Find another job

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

Pros: not the type of job you have to take home… Cons: Attendance policy, cell phone policy, having to work like a… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hire people and go around looking for reasons to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company,

I have been working at Equifax

Pros: Solid company with strong senior leadership. Cons: Generally prefer to hire from outside the organization, no clear… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Equifax.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Equifax employees.