Equifax

www.equifax.com
  www.equifax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Running far ... far away.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place for an internship to put on my resume and helps open up doors to another position.

The renovations are nice. Its a good thing they are *finally* doing something nice for the employees ... I guess they figured that they won't be able to attract ANY talent in the barren cubicle wasteland which they had beforehand.

Cons

Controlling management which does not trust its employees. Complete lack of communication between EVERYONE. This place has a HUGE collaboration problem, both on a social level and a technical level. "Meritocracy" is another name for kissing butt and falling in line with your manager. EVERYTHING is a 'standard process', and if it isn't then it is turned into one. COMPLETE lack of innovation ... and its 100% management's fault. Ironically, they are looking at ways to "streamline innovation". I think that this is possible, just not at this company.

There is a huge "us versus them" culture here. Most employees seem too afraid to propose new ideas or lead any real change in fear of losing their job. 95% of the employees are married, have kids, and truly only want a job which provides stability.

Management knows what they have to do ... they have to change the culture. They've allowed so many teams to build huge fortresses in their technology to prevent them being removed, and these very people who are resistant to innovation, growth and change are absoluteness killing the company. How should they go about fixing the company? I'm not sure ... but it truly is in their best interest to figure it out.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Equifax (View Most Recent)

Good company,

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Solid company with strong senior leadership.

Cons

Generally prefer to hire from outside the organization, no clear career paths, may have to look elsewhere to advance your career.

Find another job

Former Employee - Customer Service in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Equifax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

not the type of job you have to take home and continue working

Cons

Attendance policy, cell phone policy, having to work like a slave

Don't hire people and go around looking for reasons to fire them if you don't have the budget to keep them

There are newer employer reviews for Equifax