There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Without a doubt THE worst place I have EVER worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Money - this is the ONLY good thing about the job and its not worth it.

Cons

Treated like a slave. No life/work balance. You can't tell if the company is run by Equifax or IBM or offshore. Constant threat of layoffs or outsourcing. Offshore coding has ruined the Production environment. People are rude to each other on conference calls when trying to resolve issues ANS there are CONSTANT issues.

Make up your mind - if you want to outsource and offshore DO IT - stop threatening it. It is not a motivator contrary to most of management. Fire IBM and get rid of offshore poor quality code. It will cost more at first, but in the long run you will keep loyal employees - ans those are VERY few.

When the economy gets better there will be a load sucking sound coming from Alpharetta - that will be the giant vacuum as everyone jumps ship.

206 Other Employee Reviews for Equifax (View Most Recent)

Not the place it used to be

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President, Technology  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President, Technology in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equifax

Pros

When I first joined the company, they promoted employee development, work/life balance, a pension, and other elements that demonstrated that the organization valued their employees. Gradually and after a change in senior leadership, it became apparent that the company valued its margins much, much more than its people. To me, lay-offs indicate poor leadership - period.

Cons

Weak leadership that does not value its people.

Stop letting your vendors run the company. Have the strength and integrity to meet challenges head-on. Value your people - they ARE the organization.

Equifax pays pretty well, but is a miserable place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Equifax

Pros

The pay was pretty good for the level of responsibility I had at Equifax and the commute was not horrible.

Cons

Incompetent management, totally political environment, long work hours, shifting requirements, constant drive to cut costs, short staffed, no product vision, not open to new ideas or methods of operation. Management constantly made every employee feel that their job was at risk in order to "enhance productivity". Overall, just a miserable pit of a place to work.

The overall attitude of management is that they have all the answers and that the folks who acutally "run the business" are just meaningless drones. My advice: get over yourself. Get some humility and stop belittling those who enable you to collect your multi-million dollar salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Equifax

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!