Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Without a doubt THE worst place I have EVER worked.

Alpharetta, GA

ProsMoney - this is the ONLY good thing about the job and its not worth it.

ConsTreated like a slave. No life/work balance. You can't tell if the company is run by Equifax or IBM or offshore. Constant threat of layoffs or outsourcing. Offshore coding has ruined the Production environment. People are rude to each other on conference calls when trying to resolve issues ANS there are CONSTANT issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake up your mind - if you want to outsource and offshore DO IT - stop threatening it. It is not a motivator contrary to most of management. Fire IBM and get rid of offshore poor quality code. It will cost more at first, but in the long run you will keep loyal employees - ans those are VERY few.

When the economy gets better there will be a load sucking sound coming from Alpharetta - that will be the giant vacuum as everyone jumps ship.

Not the place it used to be

Assistant Vice President, Technology (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equifax

Pros: When I first joined the company, they promoted employee development, work/life balance, a pension, and other elements that demonstrated that the organization valued their employees.… Cons: Weak leadership that does not value its people. Advice to Senior Management: Stop letting your vendors run the company. Have the strength and integrity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Equifax pays pretty well, but is a miserable place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Equifax

Pros: The pay was pretty good for the level of responsibility… Cons: Incompetent management, totally political environment, long work hours, shifting requirements, constant drive to cut costs, short staffed, no product vision, not open to new ideas… Advice to Senior Management: The overall attitude of management is that they have all the answers and that the folks who acutally "run the business" are just meaningless… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Equifax.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Equifax employees.