There are newer employer reviews for Equinix

Overall, Equinix seems like a great place. But I would not recommend working in the tax department

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Tax Intern in Foster City, CA

I worked at Equinix

Pros

-Overall, the company seems like a positive place to work; it's just my experience in the tax department that was very poor.
-There always seems to be food for everyone in the kitchen
-Good coffee
-Business casual (even jeans permitted) - if you look this kind of atmosphere
-People seem to be satisfied

Cons

Again, this company seems great overall, but the tax department was a terrible place to work.
I was an intern with moderate excel skills and no experience in tax. I explained this to them before they contracted me. From the beginning I could see that the lady I reported to didn't have the time to train me or to guide me. She would often give me projects outside of my skill/knowledge level (Like I said, I didn't have any experience) and then lose her patience and condescend to me when I made mistakes. I got nothing but a sense of frustration and rudenss from her. My internship experience was terrible - I voluntarily left after 5 weeks. I have no idea why they contracted me, knowing I had such a thin background in this subject.

If they post an ad for an 'tax intern', watch out. They clearly want someone with advanced excel skills and a working knowledge of corporate tax. They just want to pay the person $20 an hour and no benefits rather than the market rate. Beware!

Conduct some training on best interviewing practices with your tax personnel. They clearly don't know how to filter the right candidate (wasting their time & the candidate's time). I would also review professional practices and train them on how to work effectively with employees/personnel who are new and may need some time 'getting up-to-speed'. Condescending, rudeness and treating a new hire like he/she is stupid is hardly professional... that type of behavior should not be tolerated.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Equinix (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Equinix

Pros

- Stable growth
    - consistent stock and bonus
    - industry leader
    - great work/ personal life balance
    - youthful low & middle management (opportunity)

Cons

- a bit of arrogance and selfishness built into the culture
    - youthful low & middle management (not as experienced)
    - sometimes too much political game play given the size of the organization

Overall, the best work environment I have experienced in my 30+ years in the Valley!

Current Employee - Leadership Role In Human Resources in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership Role In Human Resources in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix

Pros

The people, including Senior Management, are trustworthy, fair, and work well together. The Compensation and Rewards program is robust. Senior Management cares about employees. The company is growing, yet continues to examine ways to "get better". I am lucky to be here

Cons

Growing pains, some regional/corporate infighting, lack of systems and some resourced. All can be fixed, and some fixes are already underway

Keep reaching out globally. The bigger we get, the harder for employees to feel connected. And if you have any spare time, spend it on thanking the folks in the data centers around the world

There are newer employer reviews for Equinix