Love it, great culture and great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix

Pros

The culture is great, very collaborative and open. It still has a start up feel even though we are about 3K employees. There are many employees within the company who have been here over 10 years.

Cons

they have a robust benefits package but I think it falls short of some other high tech companies in the valley.

Other Reviews for Equinix

It's been a great experience working at Equinix.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

The internal politics has grown...

Let the people do their job...

Overall, Equinix seems like a great place. But I would not recommend working in the tax department

Former Employee - Tax Intern  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Foster City, CA

I worked at Equinix

Pros

-Overall, the company seems like a positive place to work; it's just my experience in the tax department that was very poor.
    -There always seems to be food for everyone in the kitchen
    -Good coffee
    -Business casual (even jeans permitted) - if you look this kind of atmosphere
    -People seem to be satisfied

Cons

Again, this company seems great overall, but the tax department was a terrible place to work.
    I was an intern with moderate excel skills and no experience in tax. I explained this to them before they contracted me. From the beginning I could see that the lady I reported to didn't have the time to train me or to guide me. She would often give me projects outside of my skill/knowledge level (Like I said, I didn't have any experience) and then lose her patience and condescend to me when I made mistakes. I got nothing but a sense of frustration and rudenss from her. My internship experience was terrible - I voluntarily left after 5 weeks. I have no idea why they contracted me, knowing I had such a thin background in this subject.

If they post an ad for an 'tax intern', watch out. They clearly want someone with advanced excel skills and a working knowledge of corporate tax. They just want to pay the person $20 an hour and no benefits rather than the market rate. Beware!

Conduct some training on best interviewing practices with your tax personnel. They clearly don't know how to filter the right candidate (wasting their time & the candidate's time). I would also review professional practices and train them on how to work effectively with employees/personnel who are new and may need some time 'getting up-to-speed'. Condescending, rudeness and treating a new hire like he/she is stupid is hardly professional... that type of behavior should not be tolerated.

There are newer employer reviews for Equinix.

Worked for Equinix? Contribute to the Community!