Equinix

There are newer employer reviews for Equinix

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Equinix as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone was super nice to me and they are all very helpful.

Cons

nothing really. Equinix is great.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Equinix (View Most Recent)

Great People and Generous Compensation

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and fun.
    Very flexible.
    Very generous and give competitive compensation.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities within the company.
    Getting very stressful due to some many projects with strict deadlines.
    Organization structure is upside-down triangle with so many people holding senior management title with same level of authority and it can create disorder and chaos.

Management is so focused on business goals, needs to take a bit more time to see what employees want/need.

DO NOT accept a contract position with the TA and HR departments at Equinix!

Former Employee - Sourcer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sourcer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Equinix as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful office environment over-looking a peaceful lagoon.

Cons

The disrespectful way in which contractors are treated at this company is reminiscent of India's caste system. Here's why:

1. Contractors were not allowed in HR meetings or off-site meetings that include discussions of future strategy, pertinent information, support, process, etc. In fact, you will be told that you are not allowed to enter a meeting room. Hmmm... Gistapo tactics? The sad part is there were VERY few discussions which contained confidential information - clearly team-building is inclusive of only the FTEs here.

3. What? You're a contractor? You can't park in our parking lot adjacent to our building, you must park at Bldg 3 or beyond if you're lucky to find parking. I always love coming to a place of employment and walking (and schlepping) with a purse and laptop backpack a mile to get to the office. Oh and add high heels to the mix as there are business casual attire is frowned upon. You may want to add an hour on to your morning commute to actually make a morning meeting.

4. Management, oh god, where's the humanity?!!! So, I saw more changes in process and management than a hormonal tweener! Granted this happens in growing companies but Equinix didn't take Advil for their growing pains, they took Darvocet and fell asleep at the wheel!

If you want to truly develop your employer brand, start with treating your employees AND contractors with respect. Empower individuals to

There are newer employer reviews for Equinix