Equinix

www.equinix.com

Great company, really messed up marketing org

Marketing (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsSome truly wonderful people. Good compensation. Great business model poised for continued success.

ConsThe company is experiencing serious growing pains. The marketing organization is in upheaval and the politics are embarrassingly bad. Teams plot against one another. Executives and middle management alike are fighting to stay relevant so they are always managing upward, plotting against their peers and posturing. Management does nothing to support their teams and even offer up the occasional scape goat for slaughter as a distraction. Work-life balance is lauded by top executives, but in reality, it's frowned upon. Some of the highest paid executives work from home offices in remote locations (even at the c-level) while individual contributors located at headquarters are discouraged from telecommuting even a day a week.

Advice to Senior Management-Put the microscope down on the marketing organization and start addressing the bad behavior running rampant in the management ranks.
-Start investing in employees instead of treating them like easily replaceable commodities. -Create a real vision for the company and make sure it's communicated at every level so we're all working toward identifiable goals (and I don't mean numbers)
-Try to manage the culture more closely, because it's changing, and not for the better.

Great company but avoid joining the Marketing department now - the office politics is unbearable

I have been working at Equinix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Above average salary, some great talented people, sense of community… Cons: One of the worst marketing organizations I've ever joined - I'm looking for a way out. People in "management" roles don't seem to know what… Advice to Senior Management: Keep a close eye on the marketing department and stop rewarding bad behavior to marketing management that doesn't perform and who continuously provide excuses for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Cannot recommend at this time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Equinix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great salary, nice work environment/space, industry leader Cons: Sorry to burst all the glowing reviews here, but I feel compelled to give my two cents as a former employee for whatever it's worth.… Advice to Senior Management: Despite my negative experiences, I wish the company well and think there is so much potential for success and change. Among the bad seeds there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Equinix.

Worked for Equinix? Contribute to the Community!