Equinox Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

Front Desk Associate

Former Employee - Front Desk in Highland Park, IL
Former Employee - Front Desk in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Equinox Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Friendly co-workers and general environment
-Management was always open and available to any questions

Cons

-Training period was very short

205 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

Pays like McDonalds with ridiculously high standards

Current Employee - Front Desk MOD in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk MOD in New York, NY

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free gym membership and clean place to work out.

Cons

Everything else!
    -They treat employees so poorly. When i worked there from 2006-2008, they had at least two pending lawsuits from former employees.
    The pay for front desk is $8 and hour. They do not care about you one bit. Their members are absolutely everything to them. Getting more memberships and pleasing their members. You work long hours, no days off (open 365) and the standard of excellence is super high. They test you, train you, and "shop" you (having higher ups call you pretending to be a client to see what you say).

They have high left rates. Someone is always coming in and stealing and it's up to the front desk to be perfect and fight crime, check 1,000 people in, don't keep a potential member on hold for over 4 seconds and take spa appoints. Don't mess up because they are all watching.

Beware, you will get fired EASILY. They have the highest turn-over I've ever seen in a company. Their standards are high and if you fail to meet them, you're out! My guess is that if they put more time into employees and treated them better, they would perform better over time. Almost everyone I knew the 2+ years I worked there got fired between 2 weeks to 3 months. I ended up resigning as I couldn't take the stress anymore.

Good luck if you're applying for this job. You must be desperate.

They'll never read this because they don't care about their employees so what's the point?

If you like handing out towels for a few months, this might be for you.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Reputable company that caters to an upper scale of clientele. Decent system is in place as far as the process to turn potential clients into clients.

Cons

Floor hours are the worst time ever. Walking around for 4 hours handing out towels and giving out technique pointers to people who don't want to hear it didn't go so well with me .

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness