There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

EquiNOT Fitness...Its Not a Career...Its Hard Work and Low Pay.

Current Employee - SPA Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - SPA Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The comraderie that is established amongst you and your fellow Equinox staff members is hard to beat. My experience was crazy but I always enjoyed going to work knowing that I would see great people and be able to hang out with them all day. To be able to laugh and have a break from the hard work was always welcomed.

Cons

You get paid minimum wage for most club hourly jobs and they WORK YOU TO DEATH! Expectations from you as a worker vs. what Equinox puts out as compensation, benefits or incentives is almost insulting. If you are a trainer, spa staff, yoga, etc....you get paid on commission BUT there are hard core quota's to hit and if you don't hit them, they will mercilessly cut you in a heart beat. Sometimes the clientele just isn't there i.e. Summer vacations, cultural holidays, long three day weekends, things that make your base clientele go out of town. THEY DON'T CARE! They have that "Where's my Money" mentality EVERY month and you better have it or start looking for another job. - To sum it up - its pretty cut throat.

I think management has heard this all before many times from many employees. If you complain, they figure out a way to fire you or "make you quit". So, my advice to management is nothing. They have found a formula that works "Churn and Burn" and they are building more and more clubs from this business model so there is nothing to be said.

197 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

group fitness

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

same as any other gym

Cons

not really much to complain about from a group fitness standpoint- although I used to work here as a personal trainer and there is plenty to complain about on that side

so far so good

If you like handing out towels for a few months, this might be for you.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Reputable company that caters to an upper scale of clientele. Decent system is in place as far as the process to turn potential clients into clients.

Cons

Floor hours are the worst time ever. Walking around for 4 hours handing out towels and giving out technique pointers to people who don't want to hear it didn't go so well with me .

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness