Equinox Fitness
www.equinox.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Personal trainers are cattle

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of higher income clients in one place, like any gym its easier to get clients except these clients tend to have a lot more money.
If you're really serious about personal training and you're confident, its a good place to start. Definitely not a good place to stay

Consyou have to live there. the hours are all over the place and you're only getting paid 8/hr. i remember working from 9am till 11pm. same environment, same obnoxious ppl. they say that they really are about making a difference, giving ppl appropriate programs; but they just care about you getting clients.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of FLOOR SHIFT or start paying ppl appropriately. 8/hr a child can't even live on. the memberships are incredibly high; the percentage that you take from our PT sessions are incredibly high; our pay is incredibly low; and the required times for the meetings, floor shifts, training are all over the place that one can't make time for a side job. they made me work on a holiday when i was suppose to go on a small trip with my family to celebrate AND THEY DON'T PAY TIME AND A HALF!!! 8/hr on a holiday to do a floor shift which is the definition of pointless work. the day i left was such a good day and i ended up making more money from dealing with my clients outside. If you require someone to sacrifice their life to you, at least pay them a livable rate.
i feel as though there was a time that equinox really cared about their clients and wanted to give them the best of the best, but the truth is they just care about having that image and sucking the money out of ppl who belief it.

EquiNOT Fitness...Its Not a Career...Its Hard Work and Low Pay.

SPA Coordinator (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The comraderie that is established amongst you and your fellow Equinox staff members is hard to beat. My experience was crazy but I always enjoyed… Cons: You get paid minimum wage for most club hourly jobs and they WORK YOU TO DEATH! Expectations from you as a worker vs. what Equinox… Advice to Senior Management: I think management has heard this all before many times from many employees. If you complain, they figure out a way to fire you or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

group fitness

Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: same as any other gym Cons: not really much to complain about from a group fitness standpoint- although I used to… Advice to Senior Management: so far so good Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Equinox Fitness.

Worked for Equinox Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equinox Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equinox Fitness CEO Harvey Spevak. All reviews posted anonymously by Equinox Fitness employees.