Equinox Fitness

www.equinox.com
  www.equinox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

There should be a zero option!

Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice gym... That's about it!

Cons

Employees for starters are mostly elitist like the rich and mostly white customers and are very high schoolish at that. So many cliques. The employee turn-around is bad at this place. I've never seen so many people leave, quit or fired. I've always seen a new employee every week, every other week, every month. The maintenance department has it worse than any other if you ask me. They are treated like lower class citizens and most of the people who work in maintenance are non-speaking citizens. They work you like a hebrew slave while most of the other people like the shop keep, cafe and even the front desk people are standing there chatting away while getting paid to do absolutely nothing. It's good to know that people get paid to do nothing there while the maintenance crew are working their butt off! The pay is also bad with the amount of work that has to be done. Upper management are just pathetic just to put it mildly. If you want a career at this place, you better look elsewhere 'cause you're pretty much SOL in the end when they toss you out in the streets.

There is none, because Equinox will find a way to get rid of them! C'est la vie!

212 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

Personal trainers are cattle

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of higher income clients in one place, like any gym its easier to get clients except these clients tend to have a lot more money.
    If you're really serious about personal training and you're confident, its a good place to start. Definitely not a good place to stay

Cons

you have to live there. the hours are all over the place and you're only getting paid 8/hr. i remember working from 9am till 11pm. same environment, same obnoxious ppl. they say that they really are about making a difference, giving ppl appropriate programs; but they just care about you getting clients.

get rid of FLOOR SHIFT or start paying ppl appropriately. 8/hr a child can't even live on. the memberships are incredibly high; the percentage that you take from our PT sessions are incredibly high; our pay is incredibly low; and the required times for the meetings, floor shifts, training are all over the place that one can't make time for a side job. they made me work on a holiday when i was suppose to go on a small trip with my family to celebrate AND THEY DON'T PAY TIME AND A HALF!!! 8/hr on a holiday to do a floor shift which is the definition of pointless work. the day i left was such a good day and i ended up making more money from dealing with my clients outside. If you require someone to sacrifice their life to you, at least pay them a livable rate.
    i feel as though there was a time that equinox really cared about their clients and wanted to give them the best of the best, but the truth is they just care about having that image and sucking the money out of ppl who belief it.

I learned the value of human contact, the importance of communication. The importance of being a well rounded individual

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time

Pros

Fun, Social Environment with Plenty of Opportunities to Branch out into different directions.

Cons

Invest in the best pair of Sneakers ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness