Equinox Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

A place to go for abuse

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great facilities, a chance to meet people.

Cons

Shop Department lacks integrity, zero employee appreciation, would not recommend job to worse enemy...

People work for people, managing by using fear driven tactics is not good management!

219 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

There should be a zero option!

Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice gym... That's about it!

Cons

Employees for starters are mostly elitist like the rich and mostly white customers and are very high schoolish at that. So many cliques. The employee turn-around is bad at this place. I've never seen so many people leave, quit or fired. I've always seen a new employee every week, every other week, every month. The maintenance department has it worse than any other if you ask me. They are treated like lower class citizens and most of the people who work in maintenance are non-speaking citizens. They work you like a hebrew slave while most of the other people like the shop keep, cafe and even the front desk people are standing there chatting away while getting paid to do absolutely nothing. It's good to know that people get paid to do nothing there while the maintenance crew are working their butt off! The pay is also bad with the amount of work that has to be done. Upper management are just pathetic just to put it mildly. If you want a career at this place, you better look elsewhere 'cause you're pretty much SOL in the end when they toss you out in the streets.

There is none, because Equinox will find a way to get rid of them! C'est la vie!

I learned the value of human contact, the importance of communication. The importance of being a well rounded individual

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time

Pros

Fun, Social Environment with Plenty of Opportunities to Branch out into different directions.

Cons

Invest in the best pair of Sneakers ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness