Love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best in the industry, fun group of co-workers, lots to do, growth potential, compenstation is better than any other health club...that is if you perform well.

Cons

Lots of hours, have to able to handle tough situations.

Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness

Unless you are a big dawg they don't care about you

Former Employee - Corporate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free membership to their beautiful gyms; good and interesting people to work with; company is rapidly expanding so it could be exciting to work for a company growing as such.

Cons

In corporate it is low pay and ridiculously low increases year over year. You work very hard for minimal raises that don't even cover the cost of living increases - which are very high in New York. They don't appreciate anyone who isn't sitting in a Director's office or higher.

Advice to Management

Try to pretend you care about your employees a bit. Appreciate what they do instead of treating them like garbage.

Worst corporate experience ever

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros about Equinox is their clubs are gorgeous! However beware, as an employee there are so many restrictions that you can almost never use them unless you have a job where you can actually work out in the middle of the day. Since Equinox doesn't hire enough people per department this was practically an impossibility for me.

Cons

NO work life balance. You don't even get federal holidays off. The training and on-boarding experience is terrible. There was little to none in my department. Turnover is higher than I have ever seen at a corporate level and either Equinox is aware of the root of the problem and doesn't care or plans to continue the revolving door. I have never worked for a worse company. Unless you are desperate for a job my advice it to stay away.

Advice to Management

Care as much as the "employee experience" as you do your beloved member experience. Without your employees you can't effectively operate. Treat them better so they all don't leave.