Worst corporate experience ever

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros about Equinox is their clubs are gorgeous! However beware, as an employee there are so many restrictions that you can almost never use them unless you have a job where you can actually work out in the middle of the day. Since Equinox doesn't hire enough people per department this was practically an impossibility for me.

Cons

NO work life balance. You don't even get federal holidays off. The training and on-boarding experience is terrible. There was little to none in my department. Turnover is higher than I have ever seen at a corporate level and either Equinox is aware of the root of the problem and doesn't care or plans to continue the revolving door. I have never worked for a worse company. Unless you are desperate for a job my advice it to stay away.

Advice to Management

Care as much as the "employee experience" as you do your beloved member experience. Without your employees you can't effectively operate. Treat them better so they all don't leave.

reviews filtered by

Love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best in the industry, fun group of co-workers, lots to do, growth potential, compenstation is better than any other health club...that is if you perform well.

Cons

Lots of hours, have to able to handle tough situations.

Membership Advisor

Former Employee - Membership Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Membership Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The "trendy" factor is good for a little while, but don't expect to be rewarded for loyalty or time served. If successful, opportunity to earn 90k a year is totally achievable, but good luck having time to spend the money.

Cons

You're only as good as your last sale. If you don't sell, you're out in 3 months. The base is non-existent, hence the motivation to sell. There is little to no work/life balance. There is a "closeout" at the end of each month, which consists of 12+ hour shifts during the last 4 days every month, no matter what days they may fall on. (Weekends-Holidays-Etc.)

Advice to Management

Increase the base.