Worst corporate experience ever

I have been working at Equinox Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros about Equinox is their clubs are gorgeous! However beware, as an employee there are so many restrictions that you can almost never use them unless you have a job where you can actually work out in the middle of the day. Since Equinox doesn't hire enough people per department this was practically an impossibility for me.

Cons

NO work life balance. You don't even get federal holidays off. The training and on-boarding experience is terrible. There was little to none in my department. Turnover is higher than I have ever seen at a corporate level and either Equinox is aware of the root of the problem and doesn't care or plans to continue the revolving door. I have never worked for a worse company. Unless you are desperate for a job my advice it to stay away.

Advice to Management

Care as much as the "employee experience" as you do your beloved member experience. Without your employees you can't effectively operate. Treat them better so they all don't leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness

1. Bad to No Leadership starting at the C-Level down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have not found anything to like here - the Gym is nice but after a few months you will not have time to use it. Oh - the bathrooms are in the gym - thats not a Pro....

Cons

No Leadership Team. C Level is weak on leadership and this trickles down throughout the entire company making everyone suffer No Communications from management on upcoming projects/current project No Status Meetings No formal Process IT Department is a joke. - There is no leader. When you step up you get shot down. Extrememe workload with no help No Teamwork - just a bunch of individuals trying to get through the day Lunch was at my desk every day No friendly people No job career growth No encenives to work harder no bonus no salery increases no review process

Advice to Management

You keep saying you are an 800Mil company - act like one. You still run this as a mom and pop shop. Listen to your employees - turnover here is high (Why???) - See above

2. A great place to experience true fitness

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Equinox Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a former employee I was able to work with and learn skills and knowledge of how important fitness is. As a massage therapist, I worked with excellent and knowledgeable personal trainers that helped me expand my work for a more complete assessment and strategy.

Cons

Most members of the club come to workout and not visit the spa

Advice to Management

Advertise the spa more to the public. This will attract more clients to the spa but also leave potential for new members of the club.