Equinox Fitness

www.equinox.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

Probably one of the more friendly atmosphere you would encounter in an upscale, superficial environment

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Macro Management
They supply everything
Good facilities
Good pay compared to the industry (ONCE you build your clientele)
Friendly and respectable colleagues and managers

Cons

You have to build your own clientele to make money, otherwise you only get minimum wage
The clientele is more likely to be focus on pure wellness and outer beauty then genuine health
Your physical appearance can have a say in how you are perceived and your level of success

Consider creating more workshops and knowledge sharing for the employees
Create different bonus incentives for the employees (besides free classes - we already get that from trading with the trainers and instructors)

229 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

Equinox was not a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The gym was always clean and had nice, new equipment. It also had a great view of the ocean. That's it though.

Cons

They pay their employees nothing and make heaps of money. Terrible management that changes every other month. The members of the gym are mostly very snobby and narcissistic. Some gym member made up a story about me slamming the gym equipment and reported it to management in hopes they would replace that machine because "your employee said it too." Management pulled me into the office and proceeded to write me up without hearing my side of things & believing the member. I was a trainer and teacher there. Equinox also held Friday mixers where they invited the gym members to hang out and listen to a D.J and have a bartender mix them alcoholic drinks. We were encouraged to attend these events to hand out and party with clients. I'm a trainer. Why would I encourage drinking to get clients and any smart business person knows mixing business, pleasure and alcohol is just idiotic!They are 100% money driven and greedy. Add them to the evil corporate company list!

Hire REAL trainers [not people you found out of high school who know nothing about health & fitness] and pay them what they are worth.

Front Desk Associate

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Summit, NJ
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Summit, NJ

I have been working at Equinox Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are very involved with the members and meet amazing people.

Cons

No management support or communication. They never listen to what you have to say nor care about the member's experience.

Invest in us! Spend more time trying to solidify a front desk that will deliver the best customer experience. When you have a weak team it will show in your turnover rate AND your member's experience. We are the first person member's come to when they have a concern; if we are trained poorly and do not have any support then member's will be unhappy.

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness