There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness

Great employees, facilities, poor upper management

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Equinox Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Equinox attracts really stellar people. I worked as a massage therapist in the spa, but made friends in every department. It really felt like a tight-knit, loving family. We really took care of each other. Even many of the members felt like a part of the family. Plus, the free gym membership and yoga/fitness classes can't be beat...and there's so much eye candy! I'd pay for an Eq membership.

Cons

Management is the worst. Our club was a revolving door, managers coming and going every few months. It takes ages for anything to get done. My pay was late once due to a payroll error and it took them almost a week to fix- zero sense of urgency when it comes to taking care of their people. Very little employee appreciation = very high dissatisfaction and turn over.

You're people matter. Act like it.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Equinox Fitness (View Most Recent)

didn't make enough money for survival and was treated poorly

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Westwood, CA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Westwood, CA

I worked at Equinox Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great place to workout but not to work

Cons

too long hours for so little pay. Day where there were no clients I didn't make a dime but still had to give free chair massages to create clientele! This was not my own business to build but they treated me like I was a work dog without care for my wellbeing.

take better care of your employees .. and upper management create a baseline where the massage therapist make minimume wage when they don't have a client that day NOT just in an over view of what's grater. TO work without pay doesn't work!

Probably one of the more friendly atmosphere you would encounter in an upscale, superficial environment

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equinox Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Macro Management
    They supply everything
    Good facilities
    Good pay compared to the industry (ONCE you build your clientele)
    Friendly and respectable colleagues and managers

Cons

You have to build your own clientele to make money, otherwise you only get minimum wage
    The clientele is more likely to be focus on pure wellness and outer beauty then genuine health
    Your physical appearance can have a say in how you are perceived and your level of success

Consider creating more workshops and knowledge sharing for the employees
    Create different bonus incentives for the employees (besides free classes - we already get that from trading with the trainers and instructors)

There are newer employer reviews for Equinox Fitness