Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

www.equitable.ca
  www.equitable.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

Great place to work - good environment, real opportunity to make a difference.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

Pros

Opportunity to make an impact, management willing to listen, good access to senior management.

Cons

Smaller company so scale of some work is limited.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (View Most Recent)

The people were great and I learned a lot

Former Employee - Co-Op Student
    Former Employee - Co-Op Student

I worked at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

Pros

Good people, always a lot to do (busy is better than being bored), good atmosphere

Cons

Not enough interaction between teams

None.

Not what I thought

I have been working at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

Pros

I moved over from another insurance company because I heard good things. Mostly good people. pay and benefits are fair. Good location and free parking. Future of company seems to be solid. Probably really good place to be if getting close to retirement. Onsite cafeteria food isnt great but convenient to have. I think parts of the company are really good but I just have challenges in my area.

Cons

This isnt the team for me. In our areat we have "shhh" signs around and get shhh'd by people even if we are talking about a work issue. I haven't seen this since my library at public school. I wish opco senior management would be more visible. My experiences with both my supervisor and manager have been terrible. I suggested a process improvement idea and my supervisor said it had to come through them. Things are often held over our head like "we should feel lucky to have our upcoming fun day" or that we better stop asking about more dress-down days. We were told we might lose our existing one every two weeks if we didn't stop. I really dont know what it takes to get a promotion as when I talked with my supervisor it was always about needing "5 years" of experience and never about what we can do.

Take better care of your people and give some opportunity for growth and development. This bird is going to fly to another tree very soon because its not fun in this one.

There are newer employer reviews for Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada