Equity LifeStyle Properties

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Community Manager
Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great commission structure ~ until it was cut. For some, in half. Enjoy my co-workers.

Cons

Impossible to name them all. I am continually shocked that ELS is a publicly traded company, and a successful one, at that. It's a testament to how hard the employees work. No systems in place for inventory. The entire company runs on Google docs, as it's too cheap to invest in quality systems. When I started, the email platform was Lotus Notes. Hello, 1979. IT is a joke. Regional VPs micromanage to death, new policies and procedures are introduced daily, but are never thought out long-term. This results in someone figuring out they don't work and replacing them with new ones that were also not thought-out. It's a vicious cycle. The health "insurance" is a joke. I pay $200 per month for a $2k deductible ~ for a single person. I cannot wait to land a new job and tell this company to get bent.

This isn't worth my time. Do yourself a favor: If you don't work here yet, don't bother. If you do, find a new job pronto.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties (View Most Recent)

Frustrated with the direction the company has gone

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment and property level staff. Dedicate and helpful (although overworked and unappreciated) corporate support staff.

Cons

Revolving door for corporate employees and Regional Management. Lack of focus and support for properties. Upper management out of touch with their guests needs. Lack of relevant marketing support. No opportunity for advancement.

Read your own mission statement. Promote from within and based on experience relevant to position. Be aware of industry trends and your competitors and learn your industry and customers, ALL of them. Don't continue to slash spending while your competitors spend, add and grow.

A Good Place to Start.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy atmosphere. Quality Corporate Staff. Tightly managed. Solid.

Cons

Rewards scarce and comp is low.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties