Equity LifeStyle Properties
www.equitylifestyle.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Where Do I Begin!

Community Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsI HAD a great immediate supervsor!

ConsLow pay, long hours, micromanagement, demoralizing conference calls, repetitive financial reporting, poor beneifts with the exception of PTO. I have been in asset management my entire career and am still shocked after 9 years of employment with ELS that it is preferred to allow deferred maintenance and asset deterioration. We, as managers, are expected to give great customer service with no tools to do so. We are pricing ourselves out of our respective markets and continually lose business to competitive properties that complete upgrades and add amenities. The bottom line to stock holders is the only thing that really matters. I have never stopped looking for another company to spread my professional competencies to. If this job market ever regains a postive ground, I'm out.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your assets. If you think that your asset is the bottom line . . . you are wrong. Your assets are your employees, your customers and your product. If those are valued . . . your bottom line will come.

Management by Intimidation

Staff (Former Employee)
    Riverside, CA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros: Cannot think of even one. Cons: An amateurish and inept management that spends an inordinate amount of time demoralizing the staff. It was easily one of the worst experiences of my… Advice to Senior Management: I think you are well aware of your problems with local management and choose to ignore them. You allow, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Frustrated with the direction the company has gone

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great working environment and property level staff. Dedicate and helpful… Cons: Revolving door for corporate employees and Regional Management. Lack of focus and support for properties. Upper… Advice to Senior Management: Read your own mission statement. Promote from within and based on experience relevant to position. Be aware of industry trends and your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Equity LifeStyle Properties.

Worked for Equity LifeStyle Properties? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equity LifeStyle Properties reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equity LifeStyle Properties CEO Marguerite Nader. All reviews posted anonymously by Equity LifeStyle Properties employees.