Equity LifeStyle Properties

Engaged Employer

Micromanagement

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with people in a beautiful community on a daily basis.

Cons

Micro management and very little support or consistency on a senior manangement level. Requesting time consuming reports in short periods of time that are not even used, creating undue levels of pressure. Growing to fast to support the properties they do have.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your best asset. Micro managing and unrealistic demands on financial return on an investment you are not investing in is unrealistic and sets us all for failure. Invest in the property and invest in your employees and you'll have the best company - with the best returns ever!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This company has no morals or ethics

Current Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My job that I get to do is fun, the customers are the best in the world.

Cons

Upper Management is unorganized, ruthless, leaves you out to hang on your own. They have no morals, values, and they surely dont hold themselves accountable to their word. They screwed every employee because of Obama Care, they have hurt every property they own by not caring if it runs properly as long as it has money coming in.

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and be that one corporation that does whats right, I promise if you do you will make more money!

Where Do I Begin!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I HAD a great immediate supervsor!

Cons

Low pay, long hours, micromanagement, demoralizing conference calls, repetitive financial reporting, poor beneifts with the exception of PTO. I have been in asset management my entire career and am still shocked after 9 years of employment with ELS that it is preferred to allow deferred maintenance and asset deterioration. We, as managers, are expected to give great customer service with no tools to do so. We are pricing ourselves out of our respective markets and continually lose business to competitive properties that complete upgrades and add amenities. The bottom line to stock holders is the only thing that really matters. I have never stopped looking for another company to spread my professional competencies to. If this job market ever regains a postive ground, I'm out.

Advice to Management

Understand your assets. If you think that your asset is the bottom line . . . you are wrong. Your assets are your employees, your customers and your product. If those are valued . . . your bottom line will come.