Equity LifeStyle Properties

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

Micromanagement

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with people in a beautiful community on a daily basis.

Cons

Micro management and very little support or consistency on a senior manangement level. Requesting time consuming reports in short periods of time that are not even used, creating undue levels of pressure. Growing to fast to support the properties they do have.

Your employees are your best asset. Micro managing and unrealistic demands on financial return on an investment you are not investing in is unrealistic and sets us all for failure. Invest in the property and invest in your employees and you'll have the best company - with the best returns ever!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties (View Most Recent)

Where Do I Begin!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I HAD a great immediate supervsor!

Cons

Low pay, long hours, micromanagement, demoralizing conference calls, repetitive financial reporting, poor beneifts with the exception of PTO. I have been in asset management my entire career and am still shocked after 9 years of employment with ELS that it is preferred to allow deferred maintenance and asset deterioration. We, as managers, are expected to give great customer service with no tools to do so. We are pricing ourselves out of our respective markets and continually lose business to competitive properties that complete upgrades and add amenities. The bottom line to stock holders is the only thing that really matters. I have never stopped looking for another company to spread my professional competencies to. If this job market ever regains a postive ground, I'm out.

Understand your assets. If you think that your asset is the bottom line . . . you are wrong. Your assets are your employees, your customers and your product. If those are valued . . . your bottom line will come.

Management by Intimidation

Former Employee - Staff in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Staff in Riverside, CA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cannot think of even one.

Cons

An amateurish and inept management that spends an inordinate amount of time demoralizing the staff. It was easily one of the worst experiences of my professional life working for this company. The compensation is so lousy that you might just qualify for government assistance there as a full time employee. The benefits are a joke. Do not, for a second, consider working for these guys if you have any other viable options.

I think you are well aware of your problems with local management and choose to ignore them. You allow, and even foster, bullying and browbeating of staff. What advice can be offered to an organization that believes hostility breeds productivity?

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties