Equity LifeStyle Properties

www.equitylifestyle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

IT MAY BE BETTER THAN NOTHING...maybe.

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has decent wages and PTO.

Cons

I have to agree with previous poster, where do you start? Commission was once great, it's no2 being taken away in large part. The upper management doesn't care one bit about people at the community level. They can't even acknowledge the holidays even though they are lavishing themselves parties and events. They do not know from one week to the next if they are sale or rentals, or sales...uughh. You cannot offer an opinion to anyone higher than you because they don't believe you are as intelligent as they are. The CEO must be blind. Our region is clearly in dirty dealings and it's obvious to everyone around. You don't dare make your concerns known since the person responsible clearly lets you know that you can be dismissed at any time. The best way to get promoted is by kissing up to the right people. Merit means nothing to these people. They have mediocre health care at best and if you are less than a manager you have even less insurance. They grandstand about all their purchases and how much those cost but do nothing for the people who work hardest to provide the company with that money. They cannot see anything long term. They are only worried about presenting the monthly numbers to the stockholders. Someone should investigate some of the obvious bad deals they continue to do with the same companies. Looks like someone is probably getting a large kickback. No person in their right mind would continue to have the company getting ripped off unless their hands were dirty.

I would say I have hit all points but there simply isn't enough time. Unless you have nothing better on the horizon, don't work here.

Ms. Nader needs to see that the problems that are blamed on the community managers go much higher. They are being thrown under the bus to take the attention off of the real crooks you have working for you.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties (View Most Recent)

Mismanagement

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Good vacation/sick days. Great commissions. The best part of my job has nothing to do with they company but the job itself & being able to assist residents.

Cons

Watching management misuse company property, assests, staff & the unfair treatment of residents & vendors based on race. Management is only concerned with NUMBERS, NUMBER$, NUMBERS!! Of course i mean occupancy numbers. Poor customer relations, once residents move in they're ignored. Management actually purposely avoids residents & corporate doesn't respond to complaints.

Watch your managers/employees ELS. They're stealing right under your noses. Be available to all employees & not just upper management.

Nothing special - dealt with homeowners for property rent and received payments and deposited checks in the bank

Former Employee - Accounting in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Good company but its been a very long time since I worked there

Cons

Not very careful with the property

no advice