Equity LifeStyle Properties

www.equitylifestyle.com
  www.equitylifestyle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

If you aren't working in Chicago in the corporate office, then you don't matter.

Former Employee - Reservation Specialist in Gautier, MS
Former Employee - Reservation Specialist in Gautier, MS

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a good vacation plan, you can earn vacation hours and sick hours fast.

Cons

The healthy insurance sucks. It almost doubled after the Healthcare Reform. The hourly employees can barely afford it on the low pay they give you. Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is. The "call center", and I use that term very loosely, in MS is a joke. It's in a 40+ year old building that most likely has asbestos in it. They only recently went to Windows 7 from Windows2000 and XP.

There is an older phone system because being cheap, cheap. The call volume ratio to the employees is insane! HIRE MORE PEOPLE ON THE PHONES! Also the hours are not long enough and a "call center" being closed on saturday and sunday? That's why the call volume is so high on mondays because it's closed on the weekend.

You have happy employees, you have happy customers! Too bad they don't care about that and only care about money and buying more run down parks to add to their list.

If I could have given zero stars, I would. Out of the jobs I've had in the past, this was by far the worst one. If you want to have a job to use as a transition towards another one, this is it. If you want a long term one, skip this place. The higher ups have been there too long, play favorites and have no clue.

WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Get your head out of your reports and numbers and look at what's going on at your parks and your call centers. Happy employees = happy customers. It doesn't take that much, just actually stopping and listening to what your employees are having to go through because of your GREED.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties (View Most Recent)

Insurance and most community managers are horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

you get to help seniors

Cons

Managers are not chosen by qualifications they are chosen by "friendships" and when that happens the managers dont really care about the employees just that they look good to their "friends"

you might not be there to make friends but it would be nice if you at least were nice to your employees -- believe me we all know you talk about us negatively to others dont be fooled about the people that say they are your friends because in reality there you have no friends

Tenant at Holiday Hills in Federal Heights Colorado

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

A measly paycheck. Work here if you like to be exploited and are immoral.

Cons

The management and corporate environment foster ill will amongst most of the people who rent space or rent a property. They exploit Senior citizens, outrageous prices, rude manager that drives a Lexus and good luck with maintenance. It takes months to get anything done and then its rigged.

Consider Customer Service not GREED!!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties