Equity LifeStyle Properties

www.equitylifestyle.com
  www.equitylifestyle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

IT Professionals "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would not consider this a pro myself, but some people may.

If you are the type of person that likes to just sit around and find projects, task, mundane and trivial assignments to do, then this is the perfect place for you.

If you like to sit under the radar and just do enough for that day, then this is the place for you.

If you like going on extensive expeditions to find meaningful work to do, then this is the place for you.

If you like not having any communications with your manager, director and team members, then this is the place for you.

If you like getting paid for really doing all day, then this is the place for you.

If you not being challenged and instead fill your day joking around to pass the time, then this is the place for you.

I could go on and on and on. Get the picture?

Cons

NO BUDGET, NO COMMUNICATION, NO TEAM BUILDING, NO TEAM COMMUNICATION, NO DIRECTION, NO DELEGATION, NO LEADERSHIP, NO PROJECTS, NO EFFECTIVE CIO TO LEAD THE DEPARTMENT and LOW PAY

Fire all IT managers and CIO and start from the ground up.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties (View Most Recent)

Registration & store Clerk

Former Employee - Registration & Store Clerk  in  East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Registration & Store Clerk in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great seasonal opportunities in many areas of experience. Meet great people to work with and visitors. Few permanent, year round career opportunities.

Cons

Low pay for company expectations, therefore you are working with some individuals with questionable work ethics, this can be frustrating at times.

Provide a competitive wage to workers, both camp workers and local residents.

If you aren't working in Chicago in the corporate office, then you don't matter.

Former Employee - Reservation Specialist  in  Gautier, MS
    Former Employee - Reservation Specialist in Gautier, MS

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a good vacation plan, you can earn vacation hours and sick hours fast.

Cons

The healthy insurance sucks. It almost doubled after the Healthcare Reform. The hourly employees can barely afford it on the low pay they give you. Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is. The "call center", and I use that term very loosely, in MS is a joke. It's in a 40+ year old building that most likely has asbestos in it. They only recently went to Windows 7 from Windows2000 and XP.

There is an older phone system because being cheap, cheap. The call volume ratio to the employees is insane! HIRE MORE PEOPLE ON THE PHONES! Also the hours are not long enough and a "call center" being closed on saturday and sunday? That's why the call volume is so high on mondays because it's closed on the weekend.

You have happy employees, you have happy customers! Too bad they don't care about that and only care about money and buying more run down parks to add to their list.

If I could have given zero stars, I would. Out of the jobs I've had in the past, this was by far the worst one. If you want to have a job to use as a transition towards another one, this is it. If you want a long term one, skip this place. The higher ups have been there too long, play favorites and have no clue.

WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Get your head out of your reports and numbers and look at what's going on at your parks and your call centers. Happy employees = happy customers. It doesn't take that much, just actually stopping and listening to what your employees are having to go through because of your GREED.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

Worked for Equity LifeStyle Properties? Contribute to the Community!