There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties

Run, don't walk!

Former Employee - Property Manager
Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Looks good on your resume?

Cons

This was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I was there SIX long years, always waiting to be rewarded for all my hard work, like I was told I would be. So I waited and waited and worked my butt off, and was slapped in the face with a .27 (yes, 27 cents!) an hour raise. I had FIVE regional mangers in my 6 years there. What does that tell you? If you're not kissing up to the VP's you will not last. One of my RM's even took a pay cut just to transfer out of our region. Upper mgmt doesn't care in the least about the happiness of their residents, their property managers, or any of their staff. It's all "heads in the beds" their favorite expression. They override declined applications just to get occupancy up for the month. And the micromanaging is beyond tolerable. The VP even stood outside my office and email me a picture of a tiny weed that was growing on the property! I guess we were expected to stand watch over the weeds and kill them as they appeared! You will be overworked, underpaid, and greatly under-appreciated. And like others have said, thrown under the bus at every opportunity. Commission structure cut in half, because obviously you were making too much money according to them. Plus you have to be the liaison between the very unhappy residents (who receive annual increases on already overpriced rents, and who have watched the property decline from deferred maintenance) and the abusive management. Administrative assistants and maintenance staff are also completely disposable according to Upper mgmt, They are largely ignored for the most part, unless and until they make a mistake. Then here comes the bus. I could go on and on, but I hope I said enough to steer you away from this horrible company. DO NOT APPLY AT THIS COMPANY. You will save yourself a lot of stress and grief.

Not bothering, they dont care.

reviews filtered by

IT Professionals "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I would not consider this a pro myself, but some people may.

If you are the type of person that likes to just sit around and find projects, task, mundane and trivial assignments to do, then this is the perfect place for you.

If you like to sit under the radar and just do enough for that day, then this is the place for you.

If you like going on extensive expeditions to find meaningful work to do, then this is the place for you.

If you like not having any communications with your manager, director and team members, then this is the place for you.

If you like getting paid for really doing all day, then this is the place for you.

If you not being challenged and instead fill your day joking around to pass the time, then this is the place for you.

I could go on and on and on. Get the picture?

Cons

NO BUDGET, NO COMMUNICATION, NO TEAM BUILDING, NO TEAM COMMUNICATION, NO DIRECTION, NO DELEGATION, NO LEADERSHIP, NO PROJECTS, NO EFFECTIVE CIO TO LEAD THE DEPARTMENT and LOW PAY

Fire all IT managers and CIO and start from the ground up.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not sure what to say here...

Cons

Upper management only cares about revenue.

Listen to client feedback and be open to improvement.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity LifeStyle Properties