Equity Packaging
www.equitypackaging.com Pluckemin, NJ

An evolving company - good potential, strong customer base and high employee loyalty.

Packaging Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Pluckemin, NJ

I have been working at Equity Packaging

ProsIt's a family owned business. They are evolving into something larger and the management shares it's vision, pro's, con's, and everything else with all employees. Employees would be considered on-site contractors at most of their customer sites, but they have a full benefits package and better job stability than Corporate America. Credo is admirable and can be accomplished. They haven't had a major lay-off in 20 years that they've been in business - even in the most recent recession, they're still hiring. Their in the packaging industry - and their the largest player with very limited competition - good niche market for a company like this one.

ConsAt the end of the day, you are still considered a Consultant or Contractor at the Customer site. This can sometimes end up causing feelings of "disconnect" because you may be the main driving force behind a major project, but are not allowed to receive the same recognition from the Customer as other full-time employees of the Customer. It can be disappointing sometimes, but the higher pay and informal recognition - plus the fact that the company recognizes you at the annual corporate meeting, makes up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a better way to define what is a "Equity Employee." Don't use the word, "contractor" because that's not really what we are...we're somewhere in between a "contractor" and a "full-time employee." Also, website needs to be revamped. We know it is supposed to happen this year, but the sooner the better! You need to showcase the impressive list of Customers and the Employees too.

recruiting experience with equity packaging

Senior Packaging Engineer (Former Employee)
Allentown, PA

I worked at Equity Packaging as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: involved, aggressive in placing people in right environment. … Cons: contract can been canceled at any time, based on funding. health coverage only after 90 days of… Advice to Senior Management: place people near their homes, not where you have contracts No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Manager (Current Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Equity Packaging for more than 3 years

Pros: Opprtunity to work on various category products at a time. Cons: Poor work culture. Employer does not value old employees Advice to Senior Management: Should understand that employees are asset to company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Equity Packaging.

Worked for Equity Packaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equity Packaging reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equity Packaging CEO Zahid Chughtai. All reviews posted anonymously by Equity Packaging employees.