There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

Loved working for the NO 1 apartment company in the US!!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Lexington, KY
Former Employee - Property Manager in Lexington, KY

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

Benefits, Benefits, Benefits! 401 K and company benefits (investing and insurance) are all great!

Cons

Depending on the market conditions whether or not they stay or sell!

Hire me back! I am an over-achiever and exceed my goals. #1 for 8 years in investor portfolio. I'm searching for the best company to work for right now. I have been in the business for over 15 years as a property manager! I was with EQR for half of that time.

reviews filtered by

Management Needs to be more proactive

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

Good Salary, Nice Competitive Environment!
    New Hire Orientation is great! Provides great info on our benefits! Also a great chance to meet upper management.

Cons

Management often neglects to give you important information. Management is often not engaged with what is actually going on at the property (spending a couple of hours at the property does not give you an adequate idea of what is going on. Spend a week there and see what is really going on.) There should be more accountability for the actions of Property/General/Regional Managers as well as the HR department. There are a lot of nitty-gritty details and procedures that often get overlooked due to lack of training. The company as a whole needs more training (especially for rules and regulations in regard to files, roommate relinquishment/replacement, insurance, check posting/returned checks). These were only a few of the many things that adequate training is not provided for.

Management needs to focus less on conversion ratios and more on the number of leases acquired by a leasing consultant as well as occupancy levels. If we spend less time on making sure our ratios are good and more time on attracting customers and really giving them undivided attention, then there is a better chance we will close the deal.

The biggest piece of advice is to focus less on MRI and more on the customer.

It is an okay place to work, but I think most people can do better.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

Okay pay, decent benefits, great training

Cons

"Clicky" managers and district managers. If you are not accepted, you might as well look for another job. Fairly high pressure sales environment. Leadership promoted because they are friends of other managers, not because they are talented leaders.

Promote managers based on leadership ability instead of popularity.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential