There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

A well established, stable company in a good industry.

I worked at Equity Residential full-time

Pros

Well managed company, leadership has excellent vision and executes well, good overall compensation and benefits package, the corporate office has a good working environment in a conveniently located downtown Chicago location.

Cons

Newer employees seem to have better upward mobility in the company, employees that have been with the company for longer periods of time tend to get stuck in their positions and undervalued.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential (View Most Recent)

Serious

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company and great communities. They really don't wont to hold on to any community that can't make it. You can make awesome friends along the way . They pay isn't bad if you know what to ask for...but you have to ask! Offers a constantly evolving environment where you can gain a lot of experience.

Cons

I've been with Equity for several years but they are tough. If you don't do what your told and don't do it well then your time is over. Smile and take it. Over the many years and changing technology I feel that Equity has let go of its culture in exchange for metrics. You will notice a new metric on your dashboard at least once a month in some MRI release that can track you in a new way. If they could hook you up to a machine and monitor your bodily functions...they would. Be prepared..getting a promotion is going to be the fight of your life. It's all good if you give them what they want (miracles) just learn to how to make yourself look good.

Calm down. If you die...you can't take it with you so stop acting like greedy children. Our success should not based on preying on our clients but instead working for them...and truly meaning that when you say. Sometimes I feel like I'm going a lot more harm then good. And be transparent this wasn't a problem before, but now its very hard for people to believe you.

Equity is a great company with great people

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The stability of the company atracts and maintains alot of long-term employees. Senior leadership maintains a very high level of accessibility. There is great support in all areas of business- Capital Projects, Facilities, HR, Training, Marketing, Call Center, etc. Equity is the leader in multi-family real estate. Offers competitive salaries & excellent benefits.

Cons

A company of over-achievers (if you consider that a con, be warned)

Keep up the visionary leadership which guides the company to be in the right place at the right time.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential