Equity Residential

www.equityapartments.com

Good Company to work for but getting a little too corporate/cut-throat.

Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat properties, coworkers and opportunity because the company is growing so rapidly. I enjoyed working there for 5 years and only left because my husband is military and we were relocating to a place without Equity.

ConsPromotions are more based on who you know than merit. Many unqualified candidates got promoted over qualified ones because of who they went out drinking with after work. Also in the past couple of years the company has become more cut-throat and stopped seeing employees and residents as people due to corporate greed. Everyone is starting to feel like their jobs are not secure and thus looking outside Equity for employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSr. Management uses threats rather than advice/motivation to get results. Especially Regional Mgmt., Area Mgmt. and SVP's. I would advise Sr. Mgmt to listen to Jr. Mgmt on employee's effectiveness to avoid losing people that are assets.

Great Company to work for

Property Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits are good, 401k, health/life insurance, profit sharing, great bonus… Cons: Exiting some markets and employees are concerned about their future. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Equity Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you are the kind of person who takes pride in your job, gives your all because you really enjoy what you do and are… Cons: Management (at least in the region I was in ) is so pompus and self absorbed that it is sickening. You will not be recognized… Advice to Senior Management: fire yourselfs ...you are gross. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Equity Residential.

Worked for Equity Residential? Contribute to the Community!