Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, 401k, health/life insurance, profit sharing, great bonus structure, great commission structure

Cons

Exiting some markets and employees are concerned about their future.

reviews filtered by

Horrible

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Equity Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are the kind of person who takes pride in your job, gives your all because you really enjoy what you do and are not afraid of a challege ... this COULD be the job for you and you may even enjoy it because you are a loyal person.

Cons

Management (at least in the region I was in ) is so pompus and self absorbed that it is sickening. You will not be recognized monetarily for your achievements at the end of the year when "bonuses " and pay increases are assigned ...EVEN if you have been regonized as one of the top producers over and over and not only that ,but you will get to be treated inhumanily, You will be told ...you just dont do a good enough job eventhough they have given you awards in paper (not money) that states Excellence in Sales and Customer Service...I my case this coverd the Northwest Region Northern California...sounds important .... think again it gets you 13 cents for three years time oh and you will be lucky to start at $14.00 hr. with twenty years experience.

Advice to Management

fire yourselfs ...you are gross.

Love it!

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great company that understands what it's like to be a parent and has great benefits. You get paid time off to take kids to first day of school! Just starting out employees get two weeks vacation and a week of sick time. I really enjoy working with my team and have enjoyed learning the Property Management field.

Cons

I have only been with Equity for a year and the only con I've seen so far is it can sometimes be difficult to advance within.