Equity Residential

www.equityapartments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

Smart, Hardworking People....

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

I work in the corporate office in Chicago, and love working for EQR. I'm a long term employee (10+ years), and have no plans to leave. Most of the leaders are smart, hardworking, and approachable. Culture is casual, yet fast paced and keeps me interested and challenged. More junior level employees are given the chance to work on really high level work, and are recognized for their contribution. I feel that all of the corporate teams work well together, and there is a true sense of it being a "group effort". I also love that we have gotten much better at remembering what our corporate role is--ensuring that our on site staff can do their jobs well and feel supported.

Cons

I sometimes wonder if there is any strategy involved with how people are paid--talking with co-workers, it seems that different rules apply to everyone. Although the vacation and paid time off is decent, my vacation is less here than it was when I was working for another larger firm headquartered in Chicago. I also feel that we are sometimes slow to adapt to technology & how today's workforce wants to work--it's gotten better in the last year, but I still feel like we lag behind comparable companies.

Keep doing what you are doing....continue to promote the team atmosphere and fun around the office.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential (View Most Recent)

Not sure anymore company is changing

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ok pay and benifits if you know someone.

Cons

Be careful with this company. What they give you they can take it right back and will. No matter how hard you work they will find fault someware. It pays to know the regional manager on a personal level so you have security in your job.

Get more engaged !

No Brain Required, all you need is the right hook up!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Equity Residential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Looks really good on your resume. You can meet some life-long friends and great people.

Cons

Lets keep it simple. The ONLY way to get promoted in NY/NJ is to have "thee" hook up. If you do not have this hook-up, dont expect to go anywhere anytime soon. Until people with the hook up have all gotten what they want, that is when normal employees may have opportunities. Expect a amazing review but do not expect a increase, bonus or promotion. Expect cuts from coffee to post-its in the office. Expect lots of phone calls from unqualified employess who have been hooked up with great titles to call you for help cause they dont have a clue what they are doing. Also, expect lots of pressue and stress from upper management. Do not expect your personal life to be the same. You will be working longer hours then required to do more work then required for trash pay.. and do not expect a penny of overtime. If you are a new employee.. equity does not pay for any training until about 6 months to a year after you have started. The on-site staff who is qualified and has not been promoted will be training you. If you are new and want to move up... start drinking with the right people. You do not need to know anything about leasing or residential management. Just become friends with the right people. They will cover you when you make mistakes and it will just get swept under the rug.

Y'all need a serious reality check. Go sit some of the buildings and see how miserable you have made your superstar employees. Give us back our coffee, for the amount of work we do for you and the pay, that is THE LEAST you could do. I have no idea how some of these employees have put up with some much of your trash. Restaff some of your buildings and stop having this NY Click run the company. You are all pathetic cowards.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential