Equity Residential

www.equityapartments.com

Wonderful. Casual dress. very smart people.

Current Employee - Vice President Acquisitions  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Vice President Acquisitions in Chicago, IL

Pros

casual dress
smart people
strong deal flow
available capital

Cons

not anything that you wouldn't find in any large organization

too much human resource garbage

Other reviews for Equity Residential

They Really Need To Watch Who They're Highering & Promoting For Management Or Leadership Material

Current Employee - Residential Concierge  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Residential Concierge in Washington, DC

Pros

I love the atmosphere of the beauty of my building and the bond that you develop with your residents. They really make you feel like you are making a difference in their dailly life.

Cons

There is a lot of childish behavior being displayed amongst management and their inner clicks! If your not clicked in - you better tread very lightly, because they will turn on you fast. When coming into the company you negotiate a decent pay rate, but it's hard to get a decent raise on your quarterly review if your'e not a favorite. And same thing goes for the bonuses. This place is just like high school and the property manager is like the big kid on campus; with a group of minions watching their backs and causing havoc whenever they feel it's promitable!

They need to focus on how to listen and be fair to all employees; instead of being so bias! It's the little people as they may call us, that do the ground work to make you big people seem awesome; but you all get the recognition! One day this company will wake up, hopefully it won't be too late!

Smart, Hardworking People....

Pros

I work in the corporate office in Chicago, and love working for EQR. I'm a long term employee (10+ years), and have no plans to leave. Most of the leaders are smart, hardworking, and approachable. Culture is casual, yet fast paced and keeps me interested and challenged. More junior level employees are given the chance to work on really high level work, and are recognized for their contribution. I feel that all of the corporate teams work well together, and there is a true sense of it being a "group effort". I also love that we have gotten much better at remembering what our corporate role is--ensuring that our on site staff can do their jobs well and feel supported.

Cons

I sometimes wonder if there is any strategy involved with how people are paid--talking with co-workers, it seems that different rules apply to everyone. Although the vacation and paid time off is decent, my vacation is less here than it was when I was working for another larger firm headquartered in Chicago. I also feel that we are sometimes slow to adapt to technology & how today's workforce wants to work--it's gotten better in the last year, but I still feel like we lag behind comparable companies.

Keep doing what you are doing....continue to promote the team atmosphere and fun around the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential.

Worked for Equity Residential? Contribute to the Community!