www.equityapartments.com
  www.equityapartments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

Ok place to work for a summer

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

The property I worked at really had a team feel and I was able to get along with everybody I worked with.

Cons

* It's tough working renting apartments when the economy is bad and sometimes corporate over puts its frustrations about the market on to it's employees.

Where I worked there seemed to be a lack of flexibility that made it difficult for a property to make decisions based upon what it needed.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

It was easy enough. I got alot of experience and learned many things about the apartment industry. There was a lot of down time so you could catch up on anything you wanted to catch up on. Most of the people in the community that I worked in were friendly.

Cons

The busy time of day was at the end of the day when you were ready to leave. When people got off of work they were take there anger out on the leasing office. There is always a couple of bad eggs in the apartment community that make life difficult.

There is not much I can think of to change the way the industry works. Its the type of business where the people on your team can make or break the job.

You had your day

Former Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

had places all obver US you could transfer and work at. Decent product to sell, Industry experience among staff as a whole solid

Cons

pay is lower tier, unless senior mgt and you cannot help your residents because they are too cheap, They went on merger spree in the '90s and got all this good quality product and turned it to crap, by not maintaining it. The fell through the floor in quality and then started on a selling spree. Made bad decisions in what regions to get out of before the economy went south and wonder why they can't turn a profit or hold their own. Its call stable markets, You got our of the remember,a nd you keep you blowing smoke on Wall Street like your "plan" is the way to proceed even though it wasnt the time to embark on it before a recession. You buy NYC stuff and Lehman lays off, go figure. You buy CA properties and their market tanks, unemployment at 7.7%, 18 mths later
    Wat state has held its own through all of this? And you betrayed it FIRST!! Go tell Wall Street your new 'plan' I bet they rocket your stock again for sticking to the plan

Think of your customer, FIRST and your employees SECOND and less about your 75k annual bonuses unless you are hell-bent on pissing the Company into the ground like your founder did with the Tribune.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential