There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

Great place to learn and hone your business skills

Former Employee - Regional Manager
Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

Great training opportunities exist. Because the cmpany is nationwide there can be great opportunity to advance your career by moving around the country.

Cons

The development side of the business is growing and not quite to par to the competitors. Quite a bit of paperwork and reports to be completed on site. Processes could be streamlined a bit more.

Advice to Management

Overall great company. New managment changes in the SW have been overall positive. Loss of some good operators. Human Resources recruiting could be improved.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok place to work for a summer

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

The property I worked at really had a team feel and I was able to get along with everybody I worked with.

Cons

* It's tough working renting apartments when the economy is bad and sometimes corporate over puts its frustrations about the market on to it's employees.

Advice to Management

Where I worked there seemed to be a lack of flexibility that made it difficult for a property to make decisions based upon what it needed.

2. Equity Residential

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

It was easy enough. I got alot of experience and learned many things about the apartment industry. There was a lot of down time so you could catch up on anything you wanted to catch up on. Most of the people in the community that I worked in were friendly.

Cons

The busy time of day was at the end of the day when you were ready to leave. When people got off of work they were take there anger out on the leasing office. There is always a couple of bad eggs in the apartment community that make life difficult.

Advice to Management

There is not much I can think of to change the way the industry works. Its the type of business where the people on your team can make or break the job.