Equity Residential

www.equityapartments.com
  www.equityapartments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential

Great Company that loves to see people grow.

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

I have been an employee for three years and I must say it has been the best decision I have ever made as far as an employer. They were very up front when hiring on their expectations. I see that most people on here say they are over worked??? That I find wierd because if you just come and do your job you have no problems. If you do more than what is asked of you they reward you. If you show you are interested in moving up in the buisness they will promote. Bottom line if you work you get.... If you sit back and collect a check that's what you will get in return. All the tools are in place to help employees grow and move up the ladder.

Cons

They demand a lot but it is well worth the effort , I personaly don't like the CLS that is used because it affects your bonus at years end and you don't have total control over the outcome of the number. You could be doing everything needed and others not doing whats needed and it goes against you.

Spend more money on the properties, When doing projects try not to use the cheapest contractors and supplies. You get what you pay for!!

141 Other Employee Reviews for Equity Residential (View Most Recent)

This place is HELL!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

20% off your rent, with any Equity property you choose to live on.

Cons

They do not care about the employees. The managers are self centered and rude!

Train your employees better!

They love to take advantage!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fall River, MA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fall River, MA

I have been working at Equity Residential

Pros

Work Environment is fun, 401K match program, Company events. Property team is very eager to help out each other when needed.

Cons

unappreciated, asked to do way more than job description without compensation or promotion, Job demotions for no reason except Company wanting to cut cost but Upper Mangement always talks about how much money Equity makes and how much better they are doing compared to other big companies. Promotion Process is unfair because they for the most part already have someone in place but go through the interview process because they have to. Everyone is paid differently for the same jobs. A new worker with no experience came in making more money than someone who was their 5 years and great at what they did.

Vice president should visit properties more often to see who is doing what. Managers should be more involved when it comes to resident complaints and stop letting your Leasing Consultants do the dirty work. Managers should urge their employees to get promoted instead of being selfish because they don't feel like training someone new to do their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Residential