Equity Trust Company

www.trustetc.com
  www.trustetc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Equity Trust Company

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH
Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started at Equity Trust directly upon graduating college and I could not be happier with the company. The opportunities for growth and the wonderful people are two of the best things about ETC.

There is a very friendly atmosphere here and I truly can say that I have fun at work, and it's because of the people I work with. Between the fun games and trivia that our department plays for holidays, company events like the Relay for Life, happy hours, or Indians games, or the day-to-day interactions that are filled with a genuine kindness I really could not be happier.

I also have been surrounded by a tremendous team that has helped facilitate my growth as an individual. I have been given a freedom and level of responsibility that most companies would not offer a recent graduate and have been supported every step of the way by co-workers, supervisors, and managers across the board. Unlike many of my recent graduate friends, I'm excited about coming to work everyday because I have been empowered in my position and believe in our mission and that I can make a difference.

I like to say Equity Trust is the perfect large, small business. Obviously as an industry leader in a state-of-the-art facility it is difficult to claim it is a small-time operation. But the connectedness of the team and the community feel makes it feel like it is still a small business. Which reminds me, we just moved in to a beautiful new building! The company leadership went to great lengths to build the facility around the employee needs and it has paid off. I love the cafeteria and weight room, still can't get over the fact that I can take 15 minutes for a massage in the middle of my day, and feel more professional and better about coming to work now that we have the new place.

I am so happy to have been given the opportunity to start my career at a place like ETC!

Cons

When I described ETC as the perfect large, small business I meant it. There are plenty of times where I feel like we get caught in-between the two. We have wonderful visions of growth and advancement that are fit for a large company, but are sometimes asked to do so with small company resources. Occasionally I've noticed that the desire to move forward and grow has come at the expense of the processes and procedures that are currently in place. Finally I think sometimes we have a tendency to start things without finishing them or decide to change course after getting halfway down the path, which speaks to the larger point of working for a growing company. Overall, as long as you are open and willing to adapt you will enjoy your time at Equity Trust. Everyday is a new and exciting challenge and I couldn't think of a better place to be able to work.

Keep up the good work with your employee focused initiatives! My only advice would be to stay clear and committed to the directives that come down the pipeline. Once we get moving on something having to suddenly change direction without a clear explanation or plan of action can be difficult and frustrating. Overall, from what I have seen during my time here I feel very confident in the direction that we are heading as an organization.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Equity Trust Company (View Most Recent)

Day to Day Experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to be creative and think outside of the box to solve company and client goals. New building which features a workout facility, organic food cafe, massuese, and lots of light to keep the energy up. Access to executive team. Many programs and intitiatives to promote work/life balance and giving back to the community. Promotes investment in their employees.

Cons

Company's intense growth is somewhat shrinking the space within the building. Meeting rooms and etc. No process for employees to submit suggestions anonymously.

Headed in the right direction. Continue to expand the creation of company wide programs to all employees. Possibly create a committe with 2 employees from each department that meet once a month or quarter to discuss the direction of the company. Direction as a business, work environment, and community commitment.

Exciting time to work for Equity Trust

Current Employee - Sales in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Just built a brand new building that has a cafeteria, fitness center, and massage center. The company brought in top talent to strengthen the Executive Team that has changed the attitude and direction for the better. The focus is back on the employees and it is clearly showing through company sponsored events and actively seeking out advice from peers in different departments.

We have been very impressed with the changes and progress made

Cons

Still little room for growth within the company. Better positions go to people outside the company instead of promoting from within.

The overall direciton of the company has improved drastically. This is an exciting time to work for Equity Trust and employees can't wait to see whats next.

We have lost a lot of top talent over the years due to lack of growth within in the company and burn out. The company invests a lot of time and money into each employee to just let burn out and walk right out the door. Consider promoting within so current and future employees get to learn from the best at what they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Equity Trust Company