Equity Trust Company

www.trustetc.com

Great place to start a career

Marketing (Current Employee) Westlake, OH

ProsI started at Equity Trust directly upon graduating college and I could not be happier with the company. The opportunities for growth and the wonderful people are two of the best things about ETC.

There is a very friendly atmosphere here and I truly can say that I have fun at work, and it's because of the people I work with. Between the fun games and trivia that our department plays for holidays, company events like the Relay for Life, happy hours, or Indians games, or the day-to-day interactions that are filled with a genuine kindness I really could not be happier.

I also have been surrounded by a tremendous team that has helped facilitate my growth as an individual. I have been given a freedom and level of responsibility that most companies would not offer a recent graduate and have been supported every step of the way by co-workers, supervisors, and managers across the board. Unlike many of my recent graduate friends, I'm excited about coming to work everyday because I have been empowered in my position and believe in our mission and that I can make a difference.

I like to say Equity Trust is the perfect large, small business. Obviously as an industry leader in a state-of-the-art facility it is difficult to claim it is a small-time operation. But the connectedness of the team and the community feel makes it feel like it is still a small business. Which reminds me, we just moved in to a beautiful new building! The company leadership went to great lengths to build the facility around the employee needs and it has paid off. I love the cafeteria and weight room, still can't get over the fact that I can take 15 minutes for a massage in the middle of my day, and feel more professional and better about coming to work now that we have the new place.

I am so happy to have been given the opportunity to start my career at a place like ETC!

ConsWhen I described ETC as the perfect large, small business I meant it. There are plenty of times where I feel like we get caught in-between the two. We have wonderful visions of growth and advancement that are fit for a large company, but are sometimes asked to do so with small company resources. Occasionally I've noticed that the desire to move forward and grow has come at the expense of the processes and procedures that are currently in place. Finally I think sometimes we have a tendency to start things without finishing them or decide to change course after getting halfway down the path, which speaks to the larger point of working for a growing company. Overall, as long as you are open and willing to adapt you will enjoy your time at Equity Trust. Everyday is a new and exciting challenge and I couldn't think of a better place to be able to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with your employee focused initiatives! My only advice would be to stay clear and committed to the directives that come down the pipeline. Once we get moving on something having to suddenly change direction without a clear explanation or plan of action can be difficult and frustrating. Overall, from what I have seen during my time here I feel very confident in the direction that we are heading as an organization.

Exciting time to work for Equity Trust

Sales (Current Employee) Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros: Just built a brand new building that has a cafeteria, fitness center, and massage center. The company brought in top talent to strengthen the… Cons: Still little room for growth within the company. Better positions… Advice to Senior Management: The overall direciton of the company has improved drastically. This is an exciting time to work for Equity Trust and employees can't wait to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Women should not apply here

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Theres a cafeteria with decent food Cons: This is an old boys club. Women are not respected and rarely advance. Overweight women in… Advice to Senior Management: Get with the modern times. Toes and tattoos are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Equity Trust Company.

Worked for Equity Trust Company? Contribute to the Community!