There are newer employer reviews for Equity Trust Company

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH
Current Employee - Marketing in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Equity Trust directly upon graduating college and I could not be happier with the company. The opportunities for growth and the wonderful people are two of the best things about ETC. There is a very friendly atmosphere here and I truly can say that I have fun at work, and it's because of the people I work with. Between the fun games and trivia that our department plays for holidays, company events like the Relay for Life, happy hours, or Indians games, or the day-to-day interactions that are filled with a genuine kindness I really could not be happier. I also have been surrounded by a tremendous team that has helped facilitate my growth as an individual. I have been given a freedom and level of responsibility that most companies would not offer a recent graduate and have been supported every step of the way by co-workers, supervisors, and managers across the board. Unlike many of my recent graduate friends, I'm excited about coming to work everyday because I have been empowered in my position and believe in our mission and that I can make a difference. I like to say Equity Trust is the perfect large, small business. Obviously as an industry leader in a state-of-the-art facility it is difficult to claim it is a small-time operation. But the connectedness of the team and the community feel makes it feel like it is still a small business. Which reminds me, we just moved in to a beautiful new building! The company leadership went to great lengths to build the facility around the employee needs and it has paid off. I love the cafeteria and weight room, still can't get over the fact that I can take 15 minutes for a massage in the middle of my day, and feel more professional and better about coming to work now that we have the new place. I am so happy to have been given the opportunity to start my career at a place like ETC!

Cons

When I described ETC as the perfect large, small business I meant it. There are plenty of times where I feel like we get caught in-between the two. We have wonderful visions of growth and advancement that are fit for a large company, but are sometimes asked to do so with small company resources. Occasionally I've noticed that the desire to move forward and grow has come at the expense of the processes and procedures that are currently in place. Finally I think sometimes we have a tendency to start things without finishing them or decide to change course after getting halfway down the path, which speaks to the larger point of working for a growing company. Overall, as long as you are open and willing to adapt you will enjoy your time at Equity Trust. Everyday is a new and exciting challenge and I couldn't think of a better place to be able to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with your employee focused initiatives! My only advice would be to stay clear and committed to the directives that come down the pipeline. Once we get moving on something having to suddenly change direction without a clear explanation or plan of action can be difficult and frustrating. Overall, from what I have seen during my time here I feel very confident in the direction that we are heading as an organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Equity Trust Company

Day to Day Experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to be creative and think outside of the box to solve company and client goals. New building which features a workout facility, organic food cafe, massuese, and lots of light to keep the energy up. Access to executive team. Many programs and intitiatives to promote work/life balance and giving back to the community. Promotes investment in their employees.

Cons

Company's intense growth is somewhat shrinking the space within the building. Meeting rooms and etc. No process for employees to submit suggestions anonymously.

Advice to Management

Headed in the right direction. Continue to expand the creation of company wide programs to all employees. Possibly create a committe with 2 employees from each department that meet once a month or quarter to discuss the direction of the company. Direction as a business, work environment, and community commitment.

Great Facility, Excellent benefits

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, cafe has good healthy food options, free on site massages, workout facility on site, 401k has excellent company match, most people are good to work with, good culture overall.

Cons

Sometimes it can seem that leadership isn't always on the same page due to the rapid growth, but overall the company is heading in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve and engage employees on the overall direction, keep up the good benefits.