Equitymetrix

www.equitymetrix.com

GREAT Work Culture - You Get What You Put Into the Job

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsManagers at EMX are very approachable and easy to work with. You can work flexible hours without having to take PTO (e.g., take off Fridays during football season to travel to college games without taking PTO, leaving early to work out 2 days a week, etc...).

The EMX culture is great - very friendly, co-worker Happy Hours most Thursdays, tons of free snacks 24/7, free lunch every Wednesday for EMX PowWows, random Friday afternoon activities for "Office Olympics." There are very few cubicles at EMX (HUGE Pro). Most analysts work in a large room with 4 other analysts, which makes the workday go by much faster. Monday mornings are spent recapping sports and TV shows with other analysts in your room. Most EMX analyst rooms also have some sort of office basketball or mini office putting green. These get used a lot on Friday afternoons. Everyday from 3-3:20 is "Snack O'Clock" where analysts go grab snacks from our kitchen and take a break from working. We're moving into a new office space this spring (three floors up and larger than current space). Rumor has it there is going to be TVs in the kitchen, and foosball and ping pong tables in the break room. Everyone is VERY excited about this at EMX.

Tom and Del (CEO and CFO) know every single employee at EMX by name - even on the first day. They take a real interest in your career goals, so even if you start off as an analyst, they are very receptive to allowing you to move to sales, marketing, or IT. They also compensate and pay for the cost of career training (e.g., CPA, RL, Management training, etc...). EMX pays for any related professional memberships. So, if you're new to Dallas, talk to the EMX HR, and join some of the Dallas energy groups and attend all of their happy hours and Rangers games.

EMX gives analysts a lot of autonomy in getting their work done. Also, it is very much a 8:30 to 4:50 job - analysts are not required to work overtime. This being said, it's very easy to stand out by doing the work and being willing to work past 5 on days where there's a deadline approaching. Putting in extra effort is VERY well noticed by upper management (e.g., 25% bonuses, quick promotions).

No travel is expected at job on day to day basis.

EMX has really good health benefits. Better than most companies. We just switched to a great new provider. If you're applying as a new postgrad, this may not seem important, but it definitely makes a difference (and your parents will be happy).

There are constantly new projects and clients, so EMX is a very exciting and fast paced work environment. EMX almost doubled in size in the past 6 months (and are planning on doing the same this year), so opportunities and promotions that would take 2-3 years at other companies take half that time at EMX.

ConsProjects change all the time - it's fairly common for a client to change their mind on how they'd like something completed - sometimes weeks after we've turned in a project. As a result, analysts have to go back and correct it. It's part of the job - so expect to get corrections and have to re-do work a few weeks later - even if you 'technically' did it right the first time or you 'couldn't have known that was the wrong way' to do something.

There are occasionally scanning trips (~3 a year). Generally, scan trips are in Houston, possibly to Denver/OK/Fort Worth. If you are a new hire when a scanning trip comes up, it's likely that you will be asked to be part of it. Scanning trips usually last 2-3 weeks. The company pays for gas and pays you a per diem that's pretty standard across the audit/consulting board. They also pay for you to fly back to Dallas (if it's in Denver/Houston/OK) - which most audit firms do not do. Want to go somewhere else instead? You can use that credit and take a vacation that weekend instead.
Some analysts don't like scanning trips. If you don't want to go, there's more than enough work to be done at the office, and there are also a lot of other analysts who would love to take a free work vacation and also get paid a per diem. Our managers are really understanding, so just tell them if you don't want to go, and they'll send someone who does.
Another plus of scanning: You work your own hours, so if you want to work overtime Monday-Thursday, you can have off Fridays to go enjoy wherever you are. (Ski Friday for Denver trips?)

While there are no repercussions for analysts who spend very little time actually working, expect significantly lower bonuses and very slow promotions (still - everyone received a bonus last year).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Chipotle for PowWows.

EquityMetrix is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Equitymetrix full-time

Pros: Ability to manage your own time. Opportunities to grow and advance quickly.… Cons: I personally do not have any cons. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

EquityMetrix is a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Equitymetrix full-time for more than a year

Pros: EquityMetrix listens to its employees. Even the CEO is approachable. Anyone can put a meeting on his calendar to discuss your own career… Cons: The company is growing so fast that we are cramped in… Advice to Senior Management: Keep us growing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Equitymetrix.

Worked for Equitymetrix? Contribute to the Community!