Erickson Living

www.ericksonliving.com

Great place to get experience

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsI did a lot of things while I was there and got a lot of great experience. Fun people to work with too.

ConsUpper management with overblown egos and low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked for the company before it went bankrupt and was sold at auction, so I can't attest to the conditions now. I would guess that Mr Davis is a much more solid businessman than John Erickson ever was, so I would guess things are better at least in regards the stability of the company.

John Erickson's initial success went to his head, and he overextended the company and made other unsound decisions such as placing his children with no business experience in top management positions and paying his extravagant living expenses out of the corporate pot. Fortunately, I saw what was coming years before a lot of others did, and I got out. So many people lost careers and a lot of money when the company went under.

Speaking of John Erickson, I passed him on the stair one time, said "hello", and he rolled his eyes.

In another example of egotism, one of the executives hired his golf instructor into an entry level professional position. Everyone, and I mean everyone including all the lower and mid-level managers were coming up to him and introducing themselves.

Overall good experience

Wait Staff (Current Employee) Peabody, MA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Meeting the residents, great coworkers, Christmas Bonus, Management (changes depending… Cons: Pay rate, Management(changes depending on restaurant and department) Advice to Senior Management: Executives should really interview and weed out middle management hires… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Executive Director at Ann's Choice runs the place like a kindergarten class

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Warminster, PA

I worked at Erickson Living full-time for less than a year

Pros: It wasn't the worst place to work. Cons: Executive Director forces employees to dress up for Halloween, sing, and dance in front of the residents. Got yelled at by him when I was told… Advice to Senior Management: This is a retirement community, not a day care. Run this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Erickson Living.

Worked for Erickson Living? Contribute to the Community!