Erickson Living

www.ericksonliving.com
  www.ericksonliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Erickson Living

Great place to get experience

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Catonsville, MD
Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Catonsville, MD

I worked at Erickson Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I did a lot of things while I was there and got a lot of great experience. Fun people to work with too.

Cons

Upper management with overblown egos and low pay.

I worked for the company before it went bankrupt and was sold at auction, so I can't attest to the conditions now. I would guess that Mr Davis is a much more solid businessman than John Erickson ever was, so I would guess things are better at least in regards the stability of the company.

John Erickson's initial success went to his head, and he overextended the company and made other unsound decisions such as placing his children with no business experience in top management positions and paying his extravagant living expenses out of the corporate pot. Fortunately, I saw what was coming years before a lot of others did, and I got out. So many people lost careers and a lot of money when the company went under.

Speaking of John Erickson, I passed him on the stair one time, said "hello", and he rolled his eyes.

In another example of egotism, one of the executives hired his golf instructor into an entry level professional position. Everyone, and I mean everyone including all the lower and mid-level managers were coming up to him and introducing themselves.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Erickson Living (View Most Recent)

Disappointed

Former Employee - Program Assistant in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Program Assistant in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Erickson Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employee Benefits-- Resident interaction an involvment was wonderful

Cons

Executive team are truly out of touch with employees--HR (Riderwood Campus) definitely not for employees more for the needs and benefits of the company.

Practice what you preach.

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Wait Staff in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Wait Staff in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting the residents, great coworkers, Christmas Bonus, Management (changes depending on restaurant and department)

Cons

Pay rate, Management(changes depending on restaurant and department)

Executives should really interview and weed out middle management hires during interview process better

There are newer employer reviews for Erickson Living