Ericsson-Worldwide

www.ericsson.com

Offshoring and lack of trust lower morale

Manager (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe benefits are phenomenal. Highlights include: No premiums for Medical & Dental; Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement; Stock Purchase Plan w/company match and 401k. Communication from executive leadership is good with regularly scheduled all-hands meetings.

ConsEricsson drives as much work as they can offshore to reduce costs as many corporations do anymore. This unfortunately eliminates positions in the U.S. further increasing unemployment levels. Work units are fragmented from the core business so executive communications are often meaningless to work units that support other work.

Advice to Senior ManagementChallenge the offshore trend and look for alternatives to become more cost efficient. Nothing alienates a team faster than training someone to take over their work. Some senior leaders micromanage their teams rather than having trust that they can do the work. Trust your people.

Great entrance into corporate world

Intern (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros: great people good pay interesting tasks green initiative Cons: had issues with IT people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Under-utilizes their employees and lots of micro-managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros: Benefits, paid time to volunteer, medical, dental, vision, but those are getting worse each… Cons: Lots of organization structure changes! Trying to make things more efficient when in turn changing… Advice to Senior Management: Require managers to get training on being a manager. Micro-managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ericsson-Worldwide.

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!