Ericsson-Worldwide

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Director  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Sales Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

Benefits, Equal Opportunity, International perspective and opportunities

Cons

High pressure, long hours and staffing levels

Ericsson is poised for leadership in its field. Capitalize on it, grow profitably but understand what resources are needed to do so.

1968 Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Ericsson - not such an ideal internship

Current Employee - Project Management Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

The pay is outstanding. I'm an intern and get far above averge pay compared to my classmates.

Cons

No training in my department (project management). No one ever showed me what to do or how to do it...its assumed people automatically know what to do. Also, no one spoke to me my first several days I literally stared at the wall all day. The work is not challenging either. The intenship is supposed to be with project management, but I've never met a project manager. I'm working with low-level support staff without degress doing data entry. The other 5 interns I came in with from other departments are doing the same along with an intern working in CA. It's all boreing data-entry. But once you get over that it's nice the pay is so high for undergrades interns.

To run a real internship program instead of usuing interns like data-entry work horses then letting them go when they graduate. Management should pair interns up with high-level professionals to teach them the industry and functional skills, and give them meaningful assignments. Then, try to keep the good ones. Right now it's assumed that interns will go through the motions, do data-entry and move on to another company upon graduation. In the project management office there are MBA students with multiple years engineering experience uploading pictures and documents and copying an pasting numbers from excel into a computer system! Completly brainless work...it's a real misuse of resources.

Can't be the best place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

Benefit package are better than most average US companies.

Cons

Long hours means bad balancing of work and life. Bureaucracy and politics make the other career and professional growth uncertain.

Make the lower level management decisions more transparent.

There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!