There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Internship at Ericsson

Current Intern - Project Specialist in Dallas, TX
Current Intern - Project Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Big company, lots of different people.

Cons

Very quiet office, little to no interaction.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company overall, enjoyed my time working here.

Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Methodical, lots process in place and support for an efficient working environment. Liked the consistency across the company (for example computer/software use shared company wide, not different between each group/department/location/etc.). Challenging work.

Cons

Very office oriented expectation spend most time working in office - not big on working from home or teleworking for most all roles. I had concerns about work not being done by the best team or location but seeing high preferences for teams in Sweden/northern Europe over other global locations. Global company, with strong preferences not to do R&D outside Europe. Good if you are in Europe, not so good sometimes if elsewhere in the world.

Look at value of teleworking and work from home for much wider scope of positions. Evaluate where R&D is done, I saw often work outside Sweden/Europe overseen by teams there, or also cases where it was clear teams highly capable and ready outside Sweden/Europe disbanded in preference to existing teams where I was not sure they were as ramped up/capable of handling the work being given them. If going to be global, be global and smart about it.

In the U.S. If you are a talented Engineer....DO NOT WORK FOR ERICSSON

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In the Telecommunication Industry, Ericsson is one of the big players.
    In the US, they have a good presence as a Wireless technology vendor.

Cons

Health Benefits: Ericcson “pay” 100% of your health insurance benefits, but in reality, the Insurance Coverage that is negotiated is so bad that the list of “qualified” treatment are very limited, the worse I ever had in my entire career. I end up paying more in health care cost.
    In the US, the culture of Innovation is horrible. They have the “Is not in my scope” mentality. The engineering and technical management culture in the US lacks energy.
    Highly effective, competent and smart managers are very rare.
    The official corporate policy is of total respect for people, professionalism, etc…but in the US, that is a big lie. Most of the managers do not act with respect and professionalism. They lie to the customers and treat people really bad.
    Ericcson has this 10% reduction in work force policy every year…which is used by unscrupulous managers as a political tool to fire people they do not like.
    I worked there for less than 1 year and could not wait to get out.

Work to foster a culture of innovation, respect and professionalism...not just to put it on the Corporate Web page or in the recruiting brochures, but make it happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide