Ericsson-Worldwide

www.ericsson.com
  www.ericsson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Good company but very complex & highly political organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best things about Ericsson are the great benefits, decent salary scale, overall positive work environment, and many competent and friendly colleagues from diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Cramped office space in North American HQ interferes with productivity. Training program largely focused on internal initiatives instead of bringing in outside experts. Extremely complex matrix organization combined with the Swedish consensus mentality makes for long meetings and extended time to reach decisions, ultimately stifling internal innovation and feeding office politics.

Look for ways to reorganize the company along functional lines and assess, objectively, deficiencies in process workflow.

Jul 13, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees - and nice to hear about the positive work environment and great colleagues. We also appreciate your ... More

1951 Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide (View Most Recent)

It was hard to get in the "in" crowd.

Former Employee - Telecom Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Telecom Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved everything about the job until 3 levels of management left in 6 months. it was the blind leading the naked. I think it is a good company over all, but they use you up and spit you out.

Cons

Over-worked, no positive reinforcement. Salary was okay, but not for the hours that were required under salary. If you were from Sweden you where held to a different standard that those from the USA.

Don't exchange 3 levels of management and expect to have good results. It wasn't that the new management VP down was doing things right, it was that they didn't do the right things right.

Jul 13, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and also your advice on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team.

Good company with good work/life balance

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

people here are very nice

Cons

not that much room for you to grow

Jun 25, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback. We recommend that you speak with your manager during your performance review about your career path and next move to help you grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!