There are newer employer reviews for Erie County Medical Center

Community Foundation in need of massive make over

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Erie County Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's has a strong family dynamic and atmosphere that promote growth and long term employment. It also possesses element that can possibilities' take the hospital to another level in Medicine, Research, Hospitality and more. With the right foundation I believe the hospital potential are endless.

Cons

Most of the effort is taken on by the morning shifts. I strongly believe that the over night shifts lack in the following area. Motivation, work -readiness Work- awareness laziness TOO much leisure time on staff hand. Over worked and under paid not feeling appreciated. Feeling left out of the loop create a false images in the minds of workers/co-workers. That they are less important than other employee. I believe that if we can get the over night shift to SEE that they to are valued in fact both shift are a valued asset as a whole. If we all do our parts than everyone should equally feel important. Over night Managers are a MUST team leaders and meeting to keep overnight shifts in tune with every one else will eventually bring new life to the Corporation over night crew. Taking these steps will bring new life to the shifts and the people who work them. They will begin to see that they are the" heartbeat" of the corporation after all if it wasn't for them. Nothing would be done during the night leaving everything on the morning crew. That a recipe for disaster nothing would get done. They would all ways be behind in work That is NOT how you a run a business at all.

I would tell them to stay on top of ALL staff until there initial goals are met. Be willing to get rid of any employees who are not willing to participate on our new found endeavor. Fore we our on are way to the top where we can all exceed. FYI I would also encourage the slacker to set goals for there self after all they did not get that way over night . Before I would implement the FIRING process.

reviews filtered by
  1. Registered Nurse

I have been working at Erie County Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good team atmosphere, always learning

Cons

overworked, patients not always cooperative

2. Not many pros

I have been working at Erie County Medical Center

Pros

you choose your own shift

Cons

a lot of downtime, slow

There are newer employer reviews for Erie County Medical Center