There are newer employer reviews for Erie County Medical Center

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Nursing  in  Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Nursing in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Erie County Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Variety of areas to work, lots of learning opportunities. Ability to change jobs and stay within the same company. Great medical staff.

Cons

Community still thinks its a county hospital which it isn't.

Show the staff that you are interested in the jobs they do, recognition of staff is important. Get rid of dead wood instead of passing them along.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Erie County Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Goo experience, good pay and benefits, could be better with staffing.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Erie County Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overnight team worked well together, pay was good and some of the best benefits around.

Cons

Often short staffed because management pulled staff to other floors that were short. Hospital aides are used for pysch patients only. Most of the care is required of the RN only. Will get patients that should be in the ICU on the telemetry floor. Very hard to move from one unit to another within the hospital unless you have a lot of seniority.

Keep staff where it is. Don't pull nurses from one floor to staff another.

Community Foundation in need of massive make over

Former Employee - Dietary Aide  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Erie County Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's has a strong family dynamic and atmosphere that promote growth and long term employment. It also possesses element that can possibilities' take the hospital to another level in Medicine, Research, Hospitality and more. With the right foundation I believe the hospital potential are endless.

Cons

Most of the effort is taken on by the morning shifts. I strongly believe that the over night shifts lack in the following area. Motivation, work -readiness Work- awareness laziness TOO much leisure time on staff hand. Over worked and under paid not feeling appreciated. Feeling left out of the loop create a false images in the minds of workers/co-workers. That they are less important than other employee. I believe that if we can get the over night shift to SEE that they to are valued in fact both shift are a valued asset as a whole. If we all do our parts than everyone should equally feel important. Over night Managers are a MUST team leaders and meeting to keep overnight shifts in tune with every one else will eventually bring new life to the Corporation over night crew. Taking these steps will bring new life to the shifts and the people who work them. They will begin to see that they are the" heartbeat" of the corporation after all if it wasn't for them. Nothing would be done during the night leaving everything on the morning crew. That a recipe for disaster nothing would get done. They would all ways be behind in work That is NOT how you a run a business at all.

I would tell them to stay on top of ALL staff until there initial goals are met. Be willing to get rid of any employees who are not willing to participate on our new found endeavor. Fore we our on are way to the top where we can all exceed. FYI I would also encourage the slacker to set goals for there self after all they did not get that way over night . Before I would implement the FIRING process.

There are newer employer reviews for Erie County Medical Center

Worked for Erie County Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!