Great place to work!

Current Employee - Controller  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Controller in New York, NY

I have been working at Eriksen Translations

Pros

Very friendly environment, good procedures and processes in place streamlining the activity. The management team is very strong and the duties are well divided within the organization. This allows for a clear understanding of job responsibilities and allows for good comprehensive year-end reviews. The company strives to create good KPIs for each position and train its employees to understand them, follow them up and present them to the management.

Cons

The company is small so it is prone to be affected by market movements and by strong competition. Also, the organic growth of the company might be slower than some people would expect, also due to the size.

To emphasize more the Six Sigma and business process management.

Other Reviews for Eriksen Translations

enriching

Former Employee - Business Development Associate
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate

I worked at Eriksen Translations

Pros

Colleagues are highly competent, friendly and take great pride in their work. They go to extremes to ensure professional results. This is a highly fragmented industry and Eriksen is among the few that provides outstanding benefits, comfortable work environment and reliable IT tools for its employees while striving for quality output for its clients.

Cons

Turnover is over 50% in under a 2 yr period....something is obviously not working right.

Visit a shrink.

Very positive experience at Eriksen

I have been working at Eriksen Translations

Pros

Eriksen has great people; I really like my co-workers, and they are knowledgeable, good at their jobs, and very engaged. Everyone is interested in delivering good quality and good service to the clients.

I think the work-life balance is good . The language industry which can have long hours or early starts/late nights to facilitate working with people in different time zones. Here at Eriksen, there are not too many people in the office before 9am and after 6pm. There is a contrast to other LSPs where a daily marathon work day for most employees is more common. The PTO policy is generous too.

I did not agree with the person who wrote a review on Jan 10, 2014. Everyone is entitled to share their opinion, but I don't see that "employee morale is in the toilet"; rather, I find it very energizing to come to a work place with smiling, friendly, happy co-workers.

Cons

Small companies do not have the same promotion opportunities as large companies. However, you can get to wear several hats and are not limited to just your own function. The sense of involvement and contribution to the success of a small company can be very satisfying compared with a large company.

I like the diverse range of things we get to be involved with; thank you for those opportunities and please keep them coming!

There are newer employer reviews for Eriksen Translations.

Worked for Eriksen Translations? Contribute to the Community!