Esri

There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Great experience

Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company actually wants you to learn and improve your knowledge.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

236 Other Employee Reviews for Esri (View Most Recent)

Unbelievably bad

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Esri full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some hard working people.
    Campus is nice.
    If you are lucky enough to be in development or the products departments you will make more money.

Cons

I am not really one to say negative things, but I and others in my department are not happy with the decisions that are being made by management. Just get within 10 feet of the coffee machine and you will hear what everyone is saying and its not good. The most obvious is that Dangermond is no longer running the company as a business. He is a philanthropist. He is no longer a business man and is not running the company as such, and he is getting really old too.
    There needs to be some young blood to run the company and many of the old corporate directors need to step down and let people move up or just bring in younger upper management.

The software is horrible. It is riddled with bugs, horrible performance, and only runs on Windows which is like riding on the Titanic. The software gathers information about your computer, network, etc., and sends that information back to esri so they can gather information about you.

Other than having a job, I mostly regret working here now for 5 years. I should have gone to Apple, Dell, or some other great employer.

Retire

Poor management in Production Department and so many not helpful HR staffs.

Former Employee - Worker in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Worker in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

they give 1 hr lunch time

Cons

Different levels’ managers/supervisors cover each other. They don’t listen to employees. They don’t allow employee doing certain things, but themselves. They don’t respect people and work.
    HR staffs don’t pick the phone, don’t reply the emails, don’t answer the voice messages. They review the others, but who review their jobs? They are not able to solve any problems. Why ESRI use our money to hire so many unhelpful people?

be fair, be honest. Let some of HR go home.

There are newer employer reviews for Esri