Esri

There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Great experience

Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company actually wants you to learn and improve your knowledge.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

241 Other Employee Reviews for Esri (View Most Recent)

Unbelievably bad

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Esri full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some hard working people.
    Campus is nice.
    If you are lucky enough to be in development or the products departments you will make more money.

Cons

I am not really one to say negative things, but I and others in my department are not happy with the decisions that are being made by management. Just get within 10 feet of the coffee machine and you will hear what everyone is saying and its not good. The most obvious is that Dangermond is no longer running the company as a business. He is a philanthropist. He is no longer a business man and is not running the company as such, and he is getting really old too.
    There needs to be some young blood to run the company and many of the old corporate directors need to step down and let people move up or just bring in younger upper management.

The software is horrible. It is riddled with bugs, horrible performance, and only runs on Windows which is like riding on the Titanic. The software gathers information about your computer, network, etc., and sends that information back to esri so they can gather information about you.

Other than having a job, I mostly regret working here now for 5 years. I should have gone to Apple, Dell, or some other great employer.

Retire

Lack of Trust

I have been working at Esri full-time

Pros

work life balance
    medical/dental
    nice campus

Cons

Management expects employees to do more work without the pay and they go home early. Management doesn't trust their employees and plays favorites. No career path within the company. Transitioning to another department for better work opportunities is nearly impossible. Job descriptions do not exist once you've been in the company for more than 3 years.

Compensate current employees and promote within. Document career paths for current positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Esri