Esri

There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Second-Worst Place I've Ever Worked

Former Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Redlands, CA
Former Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great cafeteria, decent parking, good location in Redlands, California.

Cons

HORRIBLE management. I was grilled four times over three months for a contract position, and then after finally getting an offer, I get placed into a group run by a guy who refuses to embrace new technology. The ONLY group that didn't use OO programming methodologies. And his incompetent manager backed him despite pressure from all over the company to give in and adapt a more modern style. I wanted the job specifically to build my experience with advanced OO technologies, but it was more like a bait-n-switch. I left after six months. Oh BTW, I learned in a company meeting that as of 2011, they had NO DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN. None. And better yet, they were FINE WITH IT. Keep in mind these idiots are in Southern California, in the heart of Earthquake Central. Keep that in mind before you do business with them. They also won't hire you as a permanent employee unless you have a degree... yet they will use contractors without degrees. Pretty lame.

Get a clue. Get your priorities straight and start scrutinizing your long-term people and see if maybe they're the reason you aren't keeping people around. I know quite a few people who have left since I was there; many people are unhappy.

241 Other Employee Reviews for Esri (View Most Recent)

everyone and their mother is a 'manager' here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

location in so cal is nice, great colleagues to work with, great ideas, GIS industry leader

Cons

focus is on prepping for its annual conference in San Diego and Palm Springs, planning, only dev is working!

you hired the best, now let them do their jobs please! Get rid of the annual review process, it truly is a joke, provide better compensation for those doing the work: the top 20% performers should be rewarded as such! the next 50% doing as their told should be retained and please get rid of the remaining 30% not doing sh&&&W#t!

Private Company Managed by single Owner

Former Employee - Director in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable Salary
    Long-term employment with few if any layoffs
    Hourly salary compensates for long hours when needed
    Very centralized company

Cons

Everything has to be approved by owner
    No budget for employee activities
    Little advancement prospects if not located in Southern California