There are newer employer reviews for Esri

ESRI a good place

Former Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Redlands, CA
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Redlands, CA

I worked at Esri

Pros

The culture is very relaxed; everyone is nice and shares information. Everyone genuinely likes to learn and it is a very young age group.

Cons

With most clients being government entities, it is often difficult to work get the same sense of motivation from them as you do from ESRI colleagues (probably not an issue if you work on a core product and not services). Their headquarters are located in Redlands and they pay relatively low, which will prevent them from acquiring top talent. They like to cultivate talent, and rarely bring in hot shots from prestigous schools or companies.

The company is too conservative and should take more risks. There is no reason why everyday consumers shouldn't think ESRI when they think digital mapping, but ESRI is satisfied with only the government employees being familiar with the company.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Esri (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Esri

Pros

ESRI has a wonderful atmostphere/culture/environment and you have a lot of personal freedoms.

Cons

I think the company needs better middle management.

Re-evaluating the structure of the organization and the management practices. I think there's a lot of potential lost between the upper management and what happens at the ground level of the 'worker bees'

Proud to Work at ESRI

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate  in  Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Esri

Pros

ESRI's greatest asset is its people. You'll routinely find talented people who are and proud of their work. Personally I work in the sales division. Whereas some organizations are "quota, quota, quota", the ESRI sales philosophy is 100% customer-centric. It would be unacceptable to sell a customer product or services they don't really need, even if it means a smaller PO. It's this ethical approach that allows us to implement larger scale solutions with larger invoices. Regardless of revenue, the approach is always the same. Learn the our customers' real problems, and recommend the best solution.

Cons

The easy answer might be the salary. Having the same responsibilities at a different company would probably provide a bigger paycheck.

On the other side of the coin (pun intended!), ESRIs financial health resulted in ZERO layoffs during the current financial crunch. I'm ok with making a little less, but knowing my job is secure!

Recognize employees could make more at other companies and continue to encourage personal/professional development.

There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Worked for Esri? Contribute to the Community!